There are newer employer reviews for AMETEK

Fast paced environment with ever changing priorities.

Former Employee - Vice President of Operations in Rehoboth (Namibia)
Former Employee - Vice President of Operations in Rehoboth (Namibia)

I worked at AMETEK full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and people to work with. Company focus on operations is a plus for my interests. Steady corporate growth provides a sens of stability.

Cons

Very short-term focused. Does not provide resources to do an adequate job so many tasks go unfinished or repeated because it was not done right the first time.

Advice to Management

Change the bonus priorities for BU Managers to include improvement responsibilities that are clearly measureable.

reviews filtered by
  1. Field service eng

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at AMETEK full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company with great people. They value your effort and make you feel you are part of their goals. This is the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

Only cons is salaries, are not the best here in Canada for a company of its size. The fact of having a 14 and 7 days rotation in a site where everyone gets 14 and 14 can make you feel bad compared to other people, but still I feel comfortable working for this company.

Advice to Management

They are doing a great job keep up the great effort.

HR Departament from Reynosa have ZERO Ethics, always provides bad references about all empoyees.

Former Employee - Materials Manager in Reynosa, Tamaulipas (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Materials Manager in Reynosa, Tamaulipas (Mexico)

I worked at AMETEK full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Directors and Top Managing of different Unit Business inside Ametek, have confidence in Mexican Labor,

Cons

HCC Reynosa Management and HR Reynosa Management have all the control hiring their own relatives for more chances to control the business, but they are hiring no experienced people to do very high responsibility jobs. Higher Management should get into this issue real fast!!! or business will bankrupt!!!

Advice to Management

You should be more cautious of the personnel they hire, and must be open to Communication with employees outside HR, My personal experience with Ametek, was the worst ever

There are newer employer reviews for AMETEK