Great

Pros

there is a lot to learn at the job

Cons

the pay is not at industry standards

Other Employee Reviews for AMETEK

1. Best Company I've Ever Worked For

Pros

Excellent growth opportunity, strong leadership development, competitive pay, strong support from management, educational assistance, drive for success. In working for Ametek, I received a promotion and have received strong support during my transition. There is a strong investment in personnel and development and I have been given many opportunities to receive training when I needed it; internally and externally. The company places an emphasis on recognizing talent and developing that talent. I would say that one is given many opportunities to grow and thrive within the organization - the truly limiting factor is yourself. Overall as an organization, new ideas, processes, and systems are implemented specifically to make us a stronger, more profitable business. We are encouraged to participate and help develop those ideas, processes and systems; to be a contributor and enjoy our success.

Cons

I have experienced some communication gaps, but nothing major. Within each function, it would be nice to have a "roadmap" with names, responsibilities, and contact information.

Advice to Management

See above

2. Good place to start out.

Former Employee - Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at AMETEK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is accessible and you are free to ask questions. The other engineers are helpful and the technicians love to work with the engineers to fix problems. There is always something to do so you do not get bored.

Cons

Tight budget from corporate to get things fixed. I wish the company offered training to help improve the employees skills.

Advice to Management

Have some more group activities to try and raise morale in the company.