AMETEK

www.ametek.com
  www.ametek.com
There are newer employer reviews for AMETEK

Great place to grow as a professional

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

I worked at AMETEK

Pros

Strong emphasis on R&D
Great management support
Rapidly growing corporation

Cons

Staffing level is not adequate in some functional groups

43 Other Employee Reviews for AMETEK (View Most Recent)

stingy company w/ unethical management

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Baldwin Park, CA
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Baldwin Park, CA

I worked at AMETEK

Pros

No overtime, so 40 hr per week. If you leave late, you can use the time you accumulated to leave early or come in late.

Cons

Pay is about 25-30% below market rate. There isn't any bonus or profit sharing. Employees are not motivated and has very low morale. The engineering manager/director is a jealousy person and will take credit for your work to help him to get promotion from his boss while the top management doesn't really know your existence. Has very low ethics and has no shame in taking other's work results w/o other's permission and shows no appreciation. Promote a very political climate within the department. Uses his pet engineer to spy on other engineers. Between managers and managers, there are major issues. Quality and Manufacturing (managed by a Redneck bully) doesn't communicate or exchange information and most likely hate each other to death. MRB takes place once a quarter it seems. Once the failed production units are found, they go into the MRB cabinet and stay there for 3 month.

Pay employees with market rate and boost up benefits to motivate employees. Hire some qualified managers for engineering, manufacturing and quality. Promote a friendly working environment.

Nuetral

Current Employee - Inventory Analyst in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO
    Current Employee - Inventory Analyst in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

I have been working at AMETEK

Pros

The best things I liked about working for Ametek was that there was a lot of learning experiences for me. I was able to learn about the Six Sigma tools and apply them in the new companies I worked for and be able to make them more efficient in the long run. Automotive "techniques" can be utilized in just about any company. This was very valuable in my continued carerr success.

Cons

I had a boss that was very demanding and did not have a great way of showing appreciation for doing a good job. He was very difficult to work for but on the flip side I did learn some things Not to do from his management style

Praise the employees