AMF Bowling

www.amf.com

I fully applied myself and was given opportunties to grow as a person and responsible employee.

Front Desk (Former Employee) San Marcos, CA

ProsFlexible schedule - will work around your personal schedule.
Cross-training/variety - opportunity to work in different areas in the bowling center.
Fun - the environment is generally positive. Regular league bowlers make shifts fun and people bowling for recreational fun keep things new.

I went above and beyond my job description and was noticed for it. I was given the opportunity to work in other areas and found the roles that I liked the best. I was given the extra responsiblity I asked for and was praised for it.

ConsFavoritism - management often played favorites.
Hours - employees always tended to be asking for more hours.
Pay - most start at minimum wage with no experience. shift leaders tend to make about $10/hr but anyone in a lower position will not make much over $9, no matter the amount of responsibilty they have.
Morale - employee morale was definitely weakened by management's extreme focus on meeting numbers. We were pressured to help meet numbers so the managers could get their bonuses, but there was no extra benefit to us except a sense of accomplishment.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on employees while you are trying to meet your numbers. Set up a system where employees can be rewarded when numbers are met or when they go and beyond their role. Clearly specify the expectations and responsibilties of all employee positions, especially management.

requires specialty knowledge, entails looming hearing loss and injury with mediocre pay.

Mechanic (Current Employee) Pinole, CA

I have been working at AMF Bowling

Pros: one dollar game discounts, ability to work with your hands, problem solving,… Cons: Very noisy being a mechanic, dangerous machines with lots of moving mechanical parts which… Advice to Senior Management: The impression that is given from the management to the employees is that of the central… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

No Quality of Life

General Manager (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I worked at AMF Bowling

Pros: Bowling and food discounts are nice. Some really cool customers… Cons: You will work 60 hours MINIMUM per week if you want to have… Advice to Senior Management: Coach and develop rather than look for ways to fire… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AMF Bowling.

Worked for AMF Bowling? Contribute to the Community!