It was good and fun.

Current Employee - Lane Server  in  Corpus Christi, TX
Current Employee - Lane Server in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at AMF Bowling

Pros

Closing duties don't take so long that I can get it all done within 15 minutes. Closing throughout the week is 12am instead of 2am which still gives me time to go home and have a good sleep before I go to school the next day.

Cons

Not much praise from management team. I like to hear that I am doing a good job at what I do.

Let your employees know if they are doing a good job. If they know they are doing a good job at what they are doing they will continue to be happy and keep up the good work that they do.

Other Reviews for AMF Bowling

Entertaining

Former Employee - Greeter  in  Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Greeter in Melville, NY

I worked at AMF Bowling

Pros

When it is not busy, not much to do other then clean some things and watch TV

Cons

When it gets busy, people become short, and difficult to work with on some occasions.

Become better planners.

Yes-men, not innovators

Current Employee - Shift Leader  in  Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Asheville, NC

I have been working at AMF Bowling

Pros

You meet good people, you get to learn or improve bowling, and you get to be a part of a community.

Cons

Work hours are horrible, there is nor respect given to any employees, expectations are so far beyond unrealistic that it's a tragedy, staffing hours are ridiculous (even on paper), and leadership mandates are handed down from persons far from the profit center who are completely and wholly unfamiliar with the culture of the area.

Let your center GMs run their centers. Numbers do not lie. Give them 1 quarter in an operational center to show growth, put them on an improvement plan if they fail, then shitcan them if they can't perform. Fire the DMs in districts that have revolving door management turnover (2 years - 3 GMs and 2 AMs in my center) and who fire management for 2 different reasons, documented in 2 different places (you know who you are).

There are newer employer reviews for AMF Bowling.

Worked for AMF Bowling? Contribute to the Community!