AMF Bowling
www.amf.com Mechanicsville, VA 5000+ Employees

Poor Management

Lane Server/Front Desk/Party Host/Snack Bar (Current Employee)

ProsEarn tips while making a real wage. Flexible hours.

ConsThe managers are lazy and play favorites. I am constantly being told to do the jobs others are supposed to do and if it's not done, I get yelled at, not them. They are also not very understanding. I ask for fewer hours due to me being a full-time student and they instead give me more hours saying that they are understaffed. The customers are also the brattiest adults I've ever met.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees or have an anonymous complaint system. Last time I filled out a employee satisfaction survey, the manager was right behind me, so I felt like my opinions were not anonymous at all and I was unable to fully list my thoughts.

Should be enjoyable for all....but sadly lacking.

(Current Employee)

I have been working at AMF Bowling part-time

Pros: Co-workers. Have met some good, fun people/customers. Being able to talk and joke with people makes your shift more enjoyable. … Cons: Extremely disorganized. Lack of communication on all levels. Very… Advice to Senior Management: Treat employees with respect and consideration. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good learning experience.

General Manager (Former Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

I worked at AMF Bowling for more than 3 years

Pros: Food discounts. Bowling discounts. Good camaradarie with staff. Fun environment… Cons: Company cut backs. Closing centers all across the country. Salary… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AMF Bowling.

Worked for AMF Bowling? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMF Bowling reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AMF Bowling CEO Tom Shannon. All reviews posted anonymously by AMF Bowling employees.