There are newer employer reviews for AMF Bowling

Poor Management

Current Employee - Lane Server/Front Desk/Party Host/Snack Bar
Current Employee - Lane Server/Front Desk/Party Host/Snack Bar

I have been working at AMF Bowling part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Earn tips while making a real wage. Flexible hours.

Cons

The managers are lazy and play favorites. I am constantly being told to do the jobs others are supposed to do and if it's not done, I get yelled at, not them. They are also not very understanding. I ask for fewer hours due to me being a full-time student and they instead give me more hours saying that they are understaffed. The customers are also the brattiest adults I've ever met.

Listen to the employees or have an anonymous complaint system. Last time I filled out a employee satisfaction survey, the manager was right behind me, so I felt like my opinions were not anonymous at all and I was unable to fully list my thoughts.

111 Other Employee Reviews for AMF Bowling (View Most Recent)

Good learning experience.

Former Employee - General Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at AMF Bowling (more than 3 years)

Pros

Food discounts. Bowling discounts. Good camaradarie with staff. Fun environment with people having a good time.

Cons

Company cut backs. Closing centers all across the country. Salary freezes. Too little staff to maintain company service standards.

Should be enjoyable for all....but sadly lacking.

I have been working at AMF Bowling part-time

Pros

Co-workers. Have met some good, fun people/customers. Being able to talk and joke with people makes your shift more enjoyable. Group parties are the best to work...set it up, serve, be attentive, break it down (clean up) and everyone is happy. Also, the tip is included. The (majority of) league bowlers are another of my favorites...they can be challenging to deal with but, if you're not easily rattled, they can also be some of the most enjoyable to serve.

Cons

Extremely disorganized. Lack of communication on all levels. Very low wages, especially when you factor in the hours and work requirements.

Treat employees with respect and consideration.

There are newer employer reviews for AMF Bowling