Low employee morale.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Overland Park, KS
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at AMG Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had a great position receiving equivalent compensation. Co-workers were very knowledgeable. Pay is decent for its work-pays more than most comparable jobs which are similar.

Cons

The work I did was mind numbing to the point I was falling asleep, some employees were so hyped up on Red Bull or some other high caffeine product-and caused too much distraction and disruption.

More senior employees have no desire to show their teamwork ability, further dropping the morale.

Training class is designed to reduce morale and cause a "panic" and constant overwhelming feeling to where when you do hit the floor you are excessively worried about immediate supervisors pointing it out (always worried about getting in trouble for anything).

Way too much focus placed on disciplinary action that will be taken upon you instead of positive upbeat; willingness to help atmosphere.

Overall negative employee morale-especially if you are temp-to-hire.
I never once saw senior management and there was even a couple of executives on the floor whom I had no idea what their roles were.

Show your faces more often than just when you are going to fire someone or write them up. This will show employees you really aren't a big bad boss. Encourage employees through reinforcement of SOME kind. Ask employees OFTEN what questions they have for you to answer, especially if you notice a pattern of mistakes. I saw this only during training but once hitting the floor it all seemed to disappear. Re-gear training so that an employee is not feeling so uptight to even start their actual work. Know that a poor work/life balance in your employees is a prescription for disaster and may explain SOME of your very high turn-over, constant call-ins and job abandonment. A great way to be sure of this data is to request an exit interview of some kind to find out why your former employee is leaving.

Other Reviews for AMG Services

Please do not work here.

Former Employee - Debt Collector  in  Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Debt Collector in Overland Park, KS

I worked at AMG Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The low-level (normal) employees are pretty cool people to work with. A lot seem to come from all walks of life and want the opportunity to make good money (closing debt collection deals).

Cons

This place has one of the most rigid and authoritarian structures I've seen. The attendance policy for new hires, especially for temporary-to-hire is ridiculous. There is a point system and little training, then they put you out on the floor to make calls. It's nerve wrecking because they are constantly reminding you of what you can be fired for. Through training I would have to say that we learned five more ways that we could be fired each day. I'm not going to go into too much detail on that, but it's rigid and they end up firing a lot of people because they have ordinary problems like car trouble and even accidents; yes, they will fire you if you call in late for an accident and you're a new hire. Honestly, not a company I wanted to work for, so I excused myself. LASTLY, the most disturbing thing to me was their skewing of factual issues or flat out lying at times. With my background, I am decently versed in the legal sphere, and a lot of the things they were teaching to the new hires was skirting the line of illegality or a flat out lie to tell to people they were attempting to collect debt from. That was a big red flag for me and like I said before, I just went ahead and let it go. No sense in working for a place like that. Hope this helped.

Change your attendance policy to reflect that you actually care about new-hires and peoples situations. Also, look into relevant law, as a lot of things taught seem to border on illegality.

No Room to Grow!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS

I worked at AMG Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Well I received the job though a staffing agency so there were 2 interviews I went through. The interviews were very straight forward and laid out the expectations of company. The pay was also decent for what I was looking for personally. Great hours.

Cons

No cell phones are allowed at all in the building, parking was 2 blocks away. The main issue was that I was in training a whole week (which was very average training by non managerial staff) and once I was on the floor (2 days total) they obviously give you no room for mistakes.

Bette training, more room for people to improve.

There are newer employer reviews for AMG Services.

Worked for AMG Services? Contribute to the Community!