AMN Healthcare

www.amnhealthcare.com
  www.amnhealthcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for AMN Healthcare

Great coworkers but weak management. Little to no room for advancement.

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Great company events (Halloween, Christmas, Summer team building)
- Cafe and Gym onsite
- Medium sized company, so a great variety of people and personalities to meet
- Leader in the healthcare staffing industy. CEO and other top management seem very focused

Cons

- Outdated work processes, using software and systems that other companies were using years ago
- Difficult and slow to move up the ladder, if at all
- Other than one manager, management is not engaged and really doesn't seem to know what they are doing. It's hard to believe you are being "managed" or "led" when you see incompetence
- Majority of employees in departments are all preparing themselves to leave. At the end of the day pay is very important and with salaries being low in every role, people start to get ready to leave after about a year. Turnover can be very high in certain departments
- Any new opening gets hired externally, rather than promoted from within. The company claims to internally promote but this is not the case 90% of the time.

Being a multi-million dollar company means that employees start to look at their salaries and realize there is a mismatch. Match more realistic salary requirements to the roles. Also, rather than say there is room for advancement - prove it by hiring internally. Too many external hires without a good balance of promotion. Focus on the staff you have.

115 Other Employee Reviews for AMN Healthcare (View Most Recent)

A Company That Seems To Foster Constant Improvement

Former Employee - Researcher in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Researcher in San Diego, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Highly professional and pleasant staff. The company seems committed to excellence and upward growth. Received clear feedback and instructions for work submitted. Project leaders / managers were responsive to questions and requests about timelines and details of projects.

Cons

Didn't experience any downsides. I was hired to work on an off-site project, so I did not visit the company's office or attend on-site business meetings.

Irving California Open House was not professional

Current Employee - Doctor Recruiter in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Doctor Recruiter in Irving, TX

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Entry level job is acceptable

Cons

I referred healthcare recruiters to AMN Open House. My friend interviewed, took an assessment and was disappointed with the practices in the HR dept. They did not treat her with respect and her application was not followed up on. I have heard of stories like this bu saw it first hand with my friend. I was offered a job because I am new and eager to work but I can see the revolving door. Seeing my friend not treated with respect during the interview process was embarrassing and I have already started to apply to other companies. It's not worth it to be associated with a company that exhibits lack of professionalism.

Talent Acquisition and HR needs a complete overhaul.

There are newer employer reviews for AMN Healthcare