There are newer employer reviews for AMN Healthcare

Great company

I have been working at AMN Healthcare

Pros

Wonderful flexibility, great culture, nice cafeteria

Cons

56 commute is tough at times

94 Other Employee Reviews for AMN Healthcare (View Most Recent)

make more money of charging nurses for fees than from hospital contracts

Former Employee - Travel RN
    Former Employee - Travel RN

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time

Pros

none. run now. don't get stuck with this company for even one contract. NOT WORTH IT

Cons

lied about pay. lied about positions. left me stranded in cities with no job with not even an apology TWICE. when I decided to go with a different company tried to charge me all sorts of fees and refused to pay me.

Stop teaching used car salesmen sales strategies, deceit, lies, and financial corruption. You'd make more money paying your nurses honestly, treating them fairly and you'll be able to make money off the contracts rather than having to make money off of charging nurses who work so hard to help people. With all the reviews coming out this company won't be in business long. At least one can hope to save other hard-working, well-meaning nurses from having to go through so much personal, professional, and financial damage. The retaliation I received for deciding to go with a different more fair company was awful. And it came from every side. Shame on you. Get a conscience. And a good lawyer.

Worst pay in the industry, recruiters who don't care if you stay for more than one assignment and blatantly lie to you.

Former Employee - Travel Nurse
    Former Employee - Travel Nurse

I worked at AMN Healthcare as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Possibly the largest selection of travel/temporary RN jobs
    They hire travelers with no experience

Cons

Worst travel RN pay (blended pay is only there to benefit the company, not the traveler)
    Terrible, cheap, disgusting company housing
    Recruiters will tell you anything to get you to the job then once you start, those promises are rarely kept.
    Basically non-existent benefits ( health insurance is very expensive and poor coverage)
    Paycheck mistakes that are never addressed
    Support staff gives you attitude when you call for help or concerns

Treat your travel and temporary employees with a little more respect. Make your pay at least somewhat competitive with other travel RN companies since your benefits are also awful. Make recruiters accountable for what they promise in a contract when it is not delivered.

There are newer employer reviews for AMN Healthcare

Worked for AMN Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!