There are newer employer reviews for AMN Healthcare

Started great then went down hill.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people, the mission of helping people and it's status in healthcare.

Cons

Some executives are allowed to continue to treat team members with great disrespect. It can also take extremely long periods of time to make decisions and the most senior executive doesn't like to make waves with other executives so bad decisions are often made. Employees are afraid to speak up.

Employees do not say what they think in the annual engagement survey for fear of reprisal. Even though it's confidential staff, for especially small teams, are concerned for their jobs.i

96 Other Employee Reviews for AMN Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Great company

I have been working at AMN Healthcare

Pros

Wonderful flexibility, great culture, nice cafeteria

Cons

56 commute is tough at times

make more money of charging nurses for fees than from hospital contracts

Former Employee - Travel RN
    Former Employee - Travel RN

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time

Pros

none. run now. don't get stuck with this company for even one contract. NOT WORTH IT

Cons

lied about pay. lied about positions. left me stranded in cities with no job with not even an apology TWICE. when I decided to go with a different company tried to charge me all sorts of fees and refused to pay me.

Stop teaching used car salesmen sales strategies, deceit, lies, and financial corruption. You'd make more money paying your nurses honestly, treating them fairly and you'll be able to make money off the contracts rather than having to make money off of charging nurses who work so hard to help people. With all the reviews coming out this company won't be in business long. At least one can hope to save other hard-working, well-meaning nurses from having to go through so much personal, professional, and financial damage. The retaliation I received for deciding to go with a different more fair company was awful. And it came from every side. Shame on you. Get a conscience. And a good lawyer.

There are newer employer reviews for AMN Healthcare

Worked for AMN Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!