AMN Healthcare

There are newer employer reviews for AMN Healthcare

Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, and nice building.

Cons

Pay is horrible, no room for advancement. No raises.

116 Other Employee Reviews for AMN Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Good company, experience may vary by department and location

Current Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time

Pros

First, it should be pointed out that different departments have considerably different environments. For example, many employees work in recruitment, which is essentially a sales position. If you don't like selling on the phone and aggressive goals, you will not like working in that capacity. My experience in Marketing has been great for the most part, entailing supportive management, interesting projects and constant learning. As others have pointed out, the corporate office in San Diego is beautiful, centrally located near Del Mar and has many amenities like an onsite cafe and gym. Personally, I feel the executive management (particularly the CEO) believes and does their best to promote the company values. AMN has acquired other staffing companies, and I cannot speak for the corporate culture in other locations, which seem to have more negative reviews.

Cons

In my mind cons are:
    - Fair to middling pay. AMN is not a huge corporation and then factor in a sunshine discount.
    - Reactive approach. Long term strategies and projects aside, most work seems to involve fighting fires and reacting to customers, competitors, investor perception, etc.
    - Limited advancement. This one is tough, because everyone wants to move up, but there are only so many management and above positions, and individual contributors are needed. Still, I think more could be done to promote internally.

On the whole, I think upper management is doing a good job. My advice would be to steer the ship with more conviction and not react to every change in the wind. If we have better strategy and execution, that will prevail in the end. Also, focusing on innovation is important, but often continuous improvement in critical areas yield greater results than doing new things just to say we are ahead of the curve.

Content Specialist

Former Employee - Content Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Content Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great people, on-site gym, on-site cafeteria with great and cheap food, nice location, beautiful building

Cons

Old computers, having to clock in and out for coming, leaving and lunchtime. You'd forget and it was kind of an ordeal to fix it.

There are newer employer reviews for AMN Healthcare