www.amnhealthcare.com

A Big 'Ol Time and Career Waster

Former Employee - National Recruiter in Huntersville, NC
Former Employee - National Recruiter in Huntersville, NC

I worked at AMN Healthcare

Pros

The training was good. 1 week training.

Cons

But if you're looking to have a career, don't go here. They make you make 100 calls a day and your work is mindless.

The VP of the company told me that she missed her brother-in-laws funeral when he died suddenly because she just couldn't take off. She said she never took a day off in her time there.

116 Other Employee Reviews for AMN Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at AMN Healthcare

Pros

40 hour work week and you dont have to take your work home.

Cons

Do not care about employees only the bottom line.
    Negative work environment

stop cutting comissions

If you want to work in the healthcare staffing industry, AMN is the market leader. Just don't expect a long-term career.

Former Employee - Client Sales in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Client Sales in San Diego, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare

Pros

AMN Healthcare is the leading healthcare staffing company in a very competitive industry. It is a large, financially viable company and therefore most likely among its competitors to survive through a turbulent economy. If you want to work in this industry, AMN is the strongest company in this sector.

Cons

This company suffers from high turnover. The work environment is fairly gossipy and there is a lack of personal connection among the employees. This is one of the few places I've ever worked where I didn't consider even one of my co-workers to be a real, trustworthy friend. There is talk of career planning, but this is mostly lip service and very little effort is put forth to ensure employees are happy and developing in their positions adequately. It's pretty much a sink or swim environment, and when the market is tight, most employees will sink. However, when the market is growing, it is possible to thrive and make a satisfactory living with decent job security. Currently, the healthcare staffing market is in a down-turn.

Focus more on employee retention by better keeping a pulse on the mood of the workforce and make more of an effort to position employees for long-term success in their positions.

There are newer employer reviews for AMN Healthcare