There are newer employer reviews for AMN Healthcare

Sweat Shop

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at AMN Healthcare

Pros

HR Compliant with Time off Requests
8-5 - no way to bring work home

Cons

Sweat shop - 80 dial/day minimum
Poor leadership and communication

Strengthen leadership through stronger communication and relevant training/coaching.

96 Other Employee Reviews for AMN Healthcare (View Most Recent)

My recruiter was very unique and no one compares. Very unfortunate she works for another company now.

Former Employee - Cath Lab Nurse  in  Hickory, NC
    Former Employee - Cath Lab Nurse in Hickory, NC

I worked at AMN Healthcare

Pros

Great communication and addressed issues promptly, offered amazing compensation and locations that were within my range. I didn't feel pressured and felt I could be very open with my recruiter.

Cons

Unfortunately my recruiter took another position. There were payroll issues, however, they were addressed quickly. There seemed to be many process flow changes as the company was bought out twice while I worked for them.

More functional and accurate website.... I haven't gotten the customer service I was accustomed to since my recruiter left. Unfortunately, I have moved on with another company but I do not regret the time I worked for this company!

CEO has no clue or doesn't care

Former Employee - Account Representative  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Account Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare

Pros

Some of the employees are congenial

Nice gym and lunch area/dining room.

Nice builiding and convenient location with good parking

Good IT support and adequate supplies when needed

Cons

Many employees hate their jobs and have told HR...promises are made to look into issues and try to improve but nothing ever happens...this has been going on for a few years now. When they want to get rid of someone, they double and triple workload, then hire back someone else they know or befriended. It is very unsecure and tense...looks of staff, even the youngest ones have health issues which look to be related to chronic stress...yes CHRONIC. Management does not care...they are always working to goals to make Board of Director and CEO happy and have no feelings about how abusive they are to employees. It's a shocking environment and shameful.

Have an outside consulting firm take a long, hard look at how you treat employees and make changes quick.....as the CONS filter down to the poor clients who cannot be handled with best care.

There are newer employer reviews for AMN Healthcare

Worked for AMN Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!