www.amresco-inc.com
There are newer employer reviews for AMRESCO

Great working atmosphere. Opportunities to learn are endless.

Former Employee - Senior Scientist in Solon, OH
Former Employee - Senior Scientist in Solon, OH

I worked at AMRESCO

Pros

Awesome annual company picnics. Great health benefit package. Opportunity for learning many different aspects of biotech industry. Company is small enough that a Scientist (if necessary or desired) can wear many hats, and learn so much more. Amresco recognizes a need for scientists to attend trade shows and support the technical/ sales team.

Cons

The salary for advanced scientist is about 30% lower than the standard for that area.

Determine and clarify the advancement path in the company and stick to it! if there is no advancement (for a particular position), than state so. It is very demoralizing to see somebody who appears less qualified in every aspect, advance.

AMRESCO Response

Mar 3, 2014HR Supervisor

There have been advancements in training and development, talent management and succession planning in 2012 and 2013.

13 Other Employee Reviews for AMRESCO (View Most Recent)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I worked at AMRESCO

Pros

AMRESCO is an industry leader in the life science industry. They are continuosly developing new products for DNA and RNA research that will improve quality of outcomes and decreasing the time of the research from start to finish. They also manufacture chemicals specific to customer needs.

Cons

AMRESCO has four different buildings so coordinating meetings for people from the different areas is difficult. Communication between departments needs to improve and some of the facilities need to be updated. Certain departments tend to micro manage and compensation tends to be on the low side. Employee bonuses are tied to other departments which means they are rarely paid out and can cause animosity between departments.

Do not tie employee bonus incentives to other departments productivity. One department could be performing at a high level but because another department performs poorly they are penalized because they will not receive a bonus. This bonus structure is actually a disincentive for employees. I would suggest having two tiers- one for department performance and another bonus tied to overall company performance.

AMRESCO Response

Mar 3, 2014HR Supervisor

Our parent company VWR has made extensive investments in improving facilities in the past couple of years since this review was written. We now have five buildings.

Good Science, Great employees with a growing company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I have been working at AMRESCO (less than an year)

Pros

This company is growing and moving in the right direction. A leader in manufacturing and supplier of chemicals and reagents with high industry standards following ISO and FDA regulations. They have strong expectations and stringent procedures with attention to quality and details- customers and employees shouldn’t expect less from a company that manufacturers medical devices.

I have been given a lot of trust and responsibility to do my job and have an amazing supervisor who is available for questions/comments and gives good solid feedback. I am comfortable going to her for guidance and/or confirmation. Since working here I have learned so much about quality manufacturing and see what a great work environment can be like. Staff received turkeys and thank you's for Thanksgiving - that’s a first in my career. The President/CEO meets all new staff at orientation – how often do you see that? Ideas for improvement are welcome but first learn the position and current procedures before suggesting change.

Job opportunities are posted which allow for internal candidates to learn of and apply for promotions and transfers to other departments. HR and department managers take the time to get to know candidates with a personalized hiring process so that the best people are hired. I have seen people who weren’t selected for one position get referred and hired for another position. In a time when people are seeking employment, there are many opportunities here. Benefits are good and individual premiums reasonable compared to my last position.

I am a temporary employee who would jump at the chance to work here full time. These are some really hard-working, good people who care about improving the human condition by providing a successful product to the customer. Great people and good science at AMRESCO.

Cons

Many opportunities here but currently no full time position in my field.

My supervisor is professional, available and a good resource.

There are newer employer reviews for AMRESCO