There are newer employer reviews for AMRESCO

Great working atmosphere. Opportunities to learn are endless.

Former Employee - Senior Scientist in Solon, OH
Former Employee - Senior Scientist in Solon, OH

Pros

Awesome annual company picnics. Great health benefit package. Opportunity for learning many different aspects of biotech industry. Company is small enough that a Scientist (if necessary or desired) can wear many hats, and learn so much more. Amresco recognizes a need for scientists to attend trade shows and support the technical/ sales team.

Cons

The salary for advanced scientist is about 30% lower than the standard for that area.

Advice to Management

Determine and clarify the advancement path in the company and stick to it! if there is no advancement (for a particular position), than state so. It is very demoralizing to see somebody who appears less qualified in every aspect, advance.

AMRESCO Response

Mar 3, 2014 – HR Supervisor

There have been advancements in training and development, talent management and succession planning in 2012 and 2013.

Other Employee Reviews for AMRESCO

1. AMRESCO

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Pros

AMRESCO is an industry leader in the life science industry. They are continuosly developing new products for DNA and RNA research that will improve quality of outcomes and decreasing the time of the research from start to finish. They also manufacture chemicals specific to customer needs.

Cons

AMRESCO has four different buildings so coordinating meetings for people from the different areas is difficult. Communication between departments needs to improve and some of the facilities need to be updated. Certain departments tend to micro manage and compensation tends to be on the low side. Employee bonuses are tied to other departments which means they are rarely paid out and can cause animosity between departments.

Advice to Management

Do not tie employee bonus incentives to other departments productivity. One department could be performing at a high level but because another department performs poorly they are penalized because they will not receive a bonus. This bonus structure is actually a disincentive for employees. I would suggest having two tiers- one for department performance and another bonus tied to overall company performance.

AMRESCO Response

Mar 3, 2014 – HR Supervisor

Our parent company VWR has made extensive investments in improving facilities in the past couple of years since this review was written. We now have five buildings.

2. cycle counter

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I have been working at AMRESCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm Resco has a wonderful place to experience a friendly atmosphere to work with some very ambitious people to learn a plethora of leadership skills the people are outstanding the leadership is phenomenal

Cons

Due to the nature of working at AMRESCO how we experience and then, a lot of different chemicals unfortunately is out of our control if we have a chemical spill but we do the best that we can with what we have

Advice to Management

Management is the best that you can find on this side of heaven they are a great group of individuals that are very knowledgeable and they are very sensitive to the needs of the employees