AMRI
www.amriglobal.com Albany, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

HR&Finance ruin company

Research Scientist II (Current Employee)
Albany, NY

ProsChallenging. Wide Diversity of projects gives lots of experience quickly.
Business maybe coming back to profitability now that numberof chemists way down.

ConsMorale low as recent layoffs targeted experienced high performers. Work hard/travel overseas yields higher salary led to layoffs while other questionable performers kept.
HR rules on their own agenda. Sr VPs either clueless or just lost. Middle managers try but often over ruled or overwhelmed.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed strong president or new Sr VPs to get departments back under control and put HR in line to help employees not torment them.

Tough place to grow unless you play politics

Senior Research Scientist (Former Employee)

I worked at AMRI

Pros: I got to do a lot of organic chemistry - both small scale and… Cons: This is a place where its very hard to grow professionally. Promotions are given only after… Advice to Senior Management: None, they don't listen anways. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good learning opportunity

Albany, NY

I have been working at AMRI

Pros: People are good to work with Cons: Relatively under pay; limited career growth opportunity More
There are newer reviews on AMRI.

Worked for AMRI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMRI reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AMRI CEO William S. Marth. All reviews posted anonymously by AMRI employees.