AMRI

There are newer employer reviews for AMRI

Your Experience May Vary

Current Employee - Research Scientist
Current Employee - Research Scientist

I have been working at AMRI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent basic health insurance but could be considered pricey. My work environment specifically is great but almost everywhere else in the company seems to be pretty bad.

Cons

Bad business model overall. Bad management. If the company is doing well only management benefits. If the company is doing poorly only employees suffer. But I have nothing bad to say about my supervisor specifically. Salary overall is on the low-side, especially compared to its neighbor competitor, Regeneron. Also, sick-day is technically unlimited but the way management views it is actually harsh.

Employees need cash rewards not sticks and stones.

64 Other Employee Reviews for AMRI (View Most Recent)

Research Scientist I

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I worked at AMRI full-time

Pros

Good stepping stone to get experience, thats about it!

Cons

Terrible upper management, don't value employees, terrible pay, no work/family balance, not much room for advancement, no incentive to work hard, employee morale is very bad.

Bring in new management!!!! Treat employees with respect! Value your employees and reward them for their hard work, they are the reason you have a business! Listen to your employees! Especially the ones who leave, listen to their reasons why. If things don't change you will no longer have a valuable business.

New changes are making a difference

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I have been working at AMRI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

New CFO is driving positive change. Unfortunately, this has meant some cuts and shutting down of unprofitable divisions but this is long past due. Despite what somebody posted, the medical benefits are excellent and are the best of I have ever had. 2013 rates did not go up with the excpetion of a small increase in dental (less than $1). I find everyone to be professional and easy to work with. Stock price seems to be supporting the positive changes.

Cons

The organization is still top heavy. Along with that, some of these more senior people continue to try and run things like a mom and pop shop because they have been here since the early days. Advancement opportunities are lacking but this seems to be driven more by economic conditions versus anything company related.

Reach out to the employees and see what they are thinking. They may have some great ideas or can provide additional insight that can help move us in the positive direction.

There are newer employer reviews for AMRI