AMRI
www.amriglobal.com Albany, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Working here is like being in an abusive relationship

Research Scientist I (Former Employee)
Albany, NY

ProsExcellent experience and mentoring to take on to future employers. Opportunities to publish and patent. After working here other jobs will feel like a vacation. The work is rewarding and meaningful. Newer facilities in Albany were a pleasure to work in.

ConsWork a minimum of 50 hours per week. No concept of work/life balance, your life needs to revolve around your job. All negative reinforcement, no positive feedback. Burnout quickly, never feel appreciated no matter how much you give. Always made to feel like your job is on the line and you could lose it at any moment. Pay is TERRIBLE! The job is amazing but the culture of the company is intolerable.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little respect will go a long way. The job is rewarding enough that I would have been able to ignore the ridiculous pay if I wasn't always being abused. No loyalty from you means no loyalty from me...

Your Experience May Vary

Research Scientist (Current Employee)

I have been working at AMRI full-time for more than a year

Pros: Excellent basic health insurance but could be considered pricey. My work environment specifically… Cons: Bad business model overall. Bad management. If the company is doing well only management benefits. If the company is doing poorly only employees suffer. But… Advice to Senior Management: Employees need cash rewards not sticks and stones. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Research Scientist I

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Albany, NY

I worked at AMRI full-time

Pros: Good stepping stone to get experience, thats about it! Cons: Terrible upper management, don't value employees, terrible pay, no work/family balance, not much… Advice to Senior Management: Bring in new management!!!! Treat employees with respect! Value your employees and reward them for their hard work, they are the reason you have a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AMRI.

Worked for AMRI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMRI reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AMRI CEO William S. Marth. All reviews posted anonymously by AMRI employees.