There are newer employer reviews for AMRI

Working here is like being in an abusive relationship

Former Employee - Research Scientist I in Albany, NY
Former Employee - Research Scientist I in Albany, NY

I worked at AMRI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent experience and mentoring to take on to future employers. Opportunities to publish and patent. After working here other jobs will feel like a vacation. The work is rewarding and meaningful. Newer facilities in Albany were a pleasure to work in.

Cons

Work a minimum of 50 hours per week. No concept of work/life balance, your life needs to revolve around your job. All negative reinforcement, no positive feedback. Burnout quickly, never feel appreciated no matter how much you give. Always made to feel like your job is on the line and you could lose it at any moment. Pay is TERRIBLE! The job is amazing but the culture of the company is intolerable.

A little respect will go a long way. The job is rewarding enough that I would have been able to ignore the ridiculous pay if I wasn't always being abused. No loyalty from you means no loyalty from me...

63 Other Employee Reviews for AMRI (View Most Recent)

Your Experience May Vary

Current Employee - Research Scientist
    Current Employee - Research Scientist

I have been working at AMRI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent basic health insurance but could be considered pricey. My work environment specifically is great but almost everywhere else in the company seems to be pretty bad.

Cons

Bad business model overall. Bad management. If the company is doing well only management benefits. If the company is doing poorly only employees suffer. But I have nothing bad to say about my supervisor specifically. Salary overall is on the low-side, especially compared to its neighbor competitor, Regeneron. Also, sick-day is technically unlimited but the way management views it is actually harsh.

Employees need cash rewards not sticks and stones.

Research Scientist I

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I worked at AMRI full-time

Pros

Good stepping stone to get experience, thats about it!

Cons

Terrible upper management, don't value employees, terrible pay, no work/family balance, not much room for advancement, no incentive to work hard, employee morale is very bad.

Bring in new management!!!! Treat employees with respect! Value your employees and reward them for their hard work, they are the reason you have a business! Listen to your employees! Especially the ones who leave, listen to their reasons why. If things don't change you will no longer have a valuable business.

There are newer employer reviews for AMRI