There are newer employer reviews for AMRI

Great experience, but overworked/underpaid.

I worked at AMRI

Pros

Coworkers very pleasant, you get to know the people in the company after awhile.

Cons

Difficult to achieve good raises, starting pay is generally low, they take advantage of people. They ask and expect you to give your all to the company (if you give your all, you are merely meeting expectations) but they don't return proportional compensation. This really is not the kind of place you want to spend a long time working.

Recognize that the employees can see through every lie and stop playing them for fools. Increase pay and benefits if you want morale to increase.

63 Other Employee Reviews for AMRI (View Most Recent)

Working here is like being in an abusive relationship

Former Employee - Research Scientist I in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Research Scientist I in Albany, NY

I worked at AMRI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent experience and mentoring to take on to future employers. Opportunities to publish and patent. After working here other jobs will feel like a vacation. The work is rewarding and meaningful. Newer facilities in Albany were a pleasure to work in.

Cons

Work a minimum of 50 hours per week. No concept of work/life balance, your life needs to revolve around your job. All negative reinforcement, no positive feedback. Burnout quickly, never feel appreciated no matter how much you give. Always made to feel like your job is on the line and you could lose it at any moment. Pay is TERRIBLE! The job is amazing but the culture of the company is intolerable.

A little respect will go a long way. The job is rewarding enough that I would have been able to ignore the ridiculous pay if I wasn't always being abused. No loyalty from you means no loyalty from me...

Your Experience May Vary

Current Employee - Research Scientist
    Current Employee - Research Scientist

I have been working at AMRI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent basic health insurance but could be considered pricey. My work environment specifically is great but almost everywhere else in the company seems to be pretty bad.

Cons

Bad business model overall. Bad management. If the company is doing well only management benefits. If the company is doing poorly only employees suffer. But I have nothing bad to say about my supervisor specifically. Salary overall is on the low-side, especially compared to its neighbor competitor, Regeneron. Also, sick-day is technically unlimited but the way management views it is actually harsh.

Employees need cash rewards not sticks and stones.

There are newer employer reviews for AMRI