There are newer employer reviews for AMRI

Great, horrible, boring, FDA

Former Employee - Microbiologist in Burlington, MA
Former Employee - Microbiologist in Burlington, MA

I worked at AMRI full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Couldn't do much when I was there, we were shut down by the FDA, and for almost 2 years when I worked there nothing went out the door. We fixed out practicies, got some good experiences, but nothing that I would write home about.

Cons

Poor management. High turnover. Disgruntled associates. Managers were disengaged. Waited 6 months to transfer departments that matched my degree. Burlington, MA.... Problems. Low pay scale.

None. They won't listen anyway, regardless of the idea or comments. Heck you might even get fired for opening your mouth with concerns and problems

reviews filtered by

Great experience, but overworked/underpaid.

I worked at AMRI

Pros

Coworkers very pleasant, you get to know the people in the company after awhile.

Cons

Difficult to achieve good raises, starting pay is generally low, they take advantage of people. They ask and expect you to give your all to the company (if you give your all, you are merely meeting expectations) but they don't return proportional compensation. This really is not the kind of place you want to spend a long time working.

Recognize that the employees can see through every lie and stop playing them for fools. Increase pay and benefits if you want morale to increase.

Working here is like being in an abusive relationship

Former Employee - Research Scientist I in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Research Scientist I in Albany, NY

I worked at AMRI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent experience and mentoring to take on to future employers. Opportunities to publish and patent. After working here other jobs will feel like a vacation. The work is rewarding and meaningful. Newer facilities in Albany were a pleasure to work in.

Cons

Work a minimum of 50 hours per week. No concept of work/life balance, your life needs to revolve around your job. All negative reinforcement, no positive feedback. Burnout quickly, never feel appreciated no matter how much you give. Always made to feel like your job is on the line and you could lose it at any moment. Pay is TERRIBLE! The job is amazing but the culture of the company is intolerable.

A little respect will go a long way. The job is rewarding enough that I would have been able to ignore the ridiculous pay if I wasn't always being abused. No loyalty from you means no loyalty from me...

There are newer employer reviews for AMRI