AMRI
www.amriglobal.com Albany, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Stimulating, fulfilling and challenging

Albany, NY

ProsThe experiences (positive and negative) I have at AMRI are as diverse as the people here and as varied as the projects. Overall, working at AMRI has been a stimulating, fulfilling and challenging environment and I value my colleagues who I truly believe have the most "heart" I have ever seen. Those who are unhappy are free to leave (and they do), but I feel like management is doing what can be done (realistically) to balance the needs/wants of all employees and stakeholders in the most forthright and innovative ways. Profitability is continuing to improve even as the industry and economy continues to struggle. The company's internal networking events encourage personal and professional growth, which is a huge positive in my eyes.

ConsAt times (like anywhere else) difficult decisions have been made with less than positive outcomes, but primarily related to the economic downturn. I know for a fact that this company is only one of MANY to experience the same issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more; talk less. I know we are a smaller company with less than 1,500 people, but at times I wish someone from management would embark on an "Undercover Boss" adventure to really bring themselves into the lab to evaluate how their scientific/technical employees are being treated, how their managers are managing, how everyone is interacting with customers on a daily basis (and potentially reward some who might not otherwise be recognized/rewarded).

Great, horrible, boring, FDA

Microbiologist (Former Employee)
    Burlington, MA

I worked at AMRI full-time for more than a year

Pros: Couldn't do much when I was there, we were shut down by the FDA, and for almost 2 years when I worked… Cons: Poor management. High turnover. Disgruntled associates. Managers were disengaged. Waited 6 months… Advice to Senior Management: None. They won't listen anyway, regardless of the idea or comments. Heck… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great experience, but overworked/underpaid.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AMRI

Pros: Coworkers very pleasant, you get to know the people in… Cons: Difficult to achieve good raises, starting pay is generally low, they take advantage of people. They ask and expect you to give your all… Advice to Senior Management: Recognize that the employees can see through every lie and stop playing them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AMRI.

Worked for AMRI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMRI reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AMRI CEO William S. Marth. All reviews posted anonymously by AMRI employees.