Stimulating, fulfilling and challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I have been working at AMRI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The experiences (positive and negative) I have at AMRI are as diverse as the people here and as varied as the projects. Overall, working at AMRI has been a stimulating, fulfilling and challenging environment and I value my colleagues who I truly believe have the most "heart" I have ever seen. Those who are unhappy are free to leave (and they do), but I feel like management is doing what can be done (realistically) to balance the needs/wants of all employees and stakeholders in the most forthright and innovative ways. Profitability is continuing to improve even as the industry and economy continues to struggle. The company's internal networking events encourage personal and professional growth, which is a huge positive in my eyes.

Cons

At times (like anywhere else) difficult decisions have been made with less than positive outcomes, but primarily related to the economic downturn. I know for a fact that this company is only one of MANY to experience the same issues.

Advice to Management

Listen more; talk less. I know we are a smaller company with less than 1,500 people, but at times I wish someone from management would embark on an "Undercover Boss" adventure to really bring themselves into the lab to evaluate how their scientific/technical employees are being treated, how their managers are managing, how everyone is interacting with customers on a daily basis (and potentially reward some who might not otherwise be recognized/rewarded).

Other Employee Reviews for AMRI

Great, horrible, boring, FDA

Former Employee - Microbiologist in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Microbiologist in Burlington, MA

I worked at AMRI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Couldn't do much when I was there, we were shut down by the FDA, and for almost 2 years when I worked there nothing went out the door. We fixed out practicies, got some good experiences, but nothing that I would write home about.

Cons

Poor management. High turnover. Disgruntled associates. Managers were disengaged. Waited 6 months to transfer departments that matched my degree. Burlington, MA.... Problems. Low pay scale.

Advice to Management

None. They won't listen anyway, regardless of the idea or comments. Heck you might even get fired for opening your mouth with concerns and problems

Great experience, but overworked/underpaid.

Pros

Coworkers very pleasant, you get to know the people in the company after awhile.

Cons

Difficult to achieve good raises, starting pay is generally low, they take advantage of people. They ask and expect you to give your all to the company (if you give your all, you are merely meeting expectations) but they don't return proportional compensation. This really is not the kind of place you want to spend a long time working.

Advice to Management

Recognize that the employees can see through every lie and stop playing them for fools. Increase pay and benefits if you want morale to increase.