There are newer employer reviews for ANCILE Solutions

I kept hoping it would get better...

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Elkridge, MD
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are some great people and the new CTO's direction is very forward thinking. CTO talks to us and takes action on what we say, but doesn't change his management team.

Cons

Awful and discouraging leadership pockets. No real sales team, can't find customers for new products unless same partner does all of the work. CEO let's same executive team stay around even when they can't hit goals and make real sales. Director of product development scolds team members, doesn't ever help us, and can't understand technology let alone write code. I'm not sure if he has ever thanked us for our hard work. Some team members of other scrum teams won't answer my questions and help me out, they just say talk to my scrummaster. My small team is great and that's what kept me going, but the work we are rushing to do now at direction of management will yield poor results that I'm sure we will be blamed for.

I've been here for a few RWD years and all of ANCILE. There have been some good decisions and many bad ones that are ignored. It's time for you to clean out your management team and save the good products that you have. I'm on my way out and hoping this message will help my friends in need. Please take this seriously for the people that have worked really hard for you over the years. We are all tired and just want to feel appreciated.

reviews filtered by

Inept, delusional leadership

Former Employee - QA
    Former Employee - QA

I worked at ANCILE Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, Good life/work balance

Cons

Happy talk and delusional presentations at company meetings by delusional executives and managers are excruciatingly painful to sit through, The executives don't seem to know much about the business they are in. It's software, but they are contemptuous of the talented and skilled employees who actually know something about software. Talented, experienced people come and go, but institutional mediocrity retains only the boring, middling performers. Most of middle management is filled by a clique of managers who all got their positions at RWD. They fiercely protect themselves by stifling creativity and making sure that no one but themselves get credit for contributions made by those who aren't in with the in-crowd. Because of this, forget about any possibility of career advancement.

The worst thing you can do is to use their so-called "open door policy" to discuss any of these problems with upper management or HR. Nothing will happen and you can be sure that retribution will come swiftly from their underlings.

None of this does the business any good. They do have a solid product, but it's becoming technically obsolete and they are entirely dependent on a single reseller. They don't know how to do anything else and any attempts at innovation are either misguided or stifled by entrenched management. It's a shame because there is real potential here for growth, but instead they remain a one-trick pony.

Wake up.

not as great a place to work as management seems to think

Current Employee - Support in Elkridge, MD
    Current Employee - Support in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I'm able to get out at 5, don't have to work weekends

Cons

management doesn't know how to grow the business; they are heavily reliant on 1 partner; too many legacy people (from the RWD days), they like to sell the idea that "we're doing great" yet they are not; they cannot attract true software professionals to run the business

bring in some true, proven software people.

There are newer employer reviews for ANCILE Solutions