ANSYS

Do not work for ANSYS!

Former Employee - Support/Services Employee in Lebanon, NH
Former Employee - Support/Services Employee in Lebanon, NH

I worked at ANSYS

Pros

The atmosphere is generally casual and professional in the NH office. The vast majority of employees in the NH office are very cordial and professional. Work environment was very pleasant, and I was very satisfied with the hands-off management style of most managers.

Cons

Your job will not be at all secure in the current climate. Executives seem very two-faced and only look out for themselves. I am not the only one who feels wrongly terminated and has lost much respect for those in upper management during the most recent layoff. No reasons were given for termination; only that it was not merit-based. Did they just draw names from a hat? They even fired a janitor!

The executives claim that there were budgetary reasons for the RIF, but the SEC website reports bonuses on the order of 80-100% for executives. Jim Cashman's bonus was over 100% (just above $500k). How does he sleep at night?

Keep the well-qualified people you have. During tough times, be more scrutinous of those who do not produce results instead of slapping in the face those who do. I had a deep passion for what I did for ANSYS and felt very offended after the layoff process. Offer a pay cut (I said I would take one but was denied). Be respectful and give those you cut the information and reasons for termination that they deserve. Don't just abruptly turn your back. Executives should either defer their bonus compensation or reduce it altogether. Lead by example and allow yourself the 15% that you give everyone else.

82 Other Employee Reviews for ANSYS (View Most Recent)

I'm in hr function of ansys for more than 5 years.

I have been working at ANSYS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

work and life can balance, not heavy load work. manager had their own lax criterion, but stringent standards for ordinary employee...

Cons

low compensation, not any retention for general employee...only manager above level has stock option..

Has been a great learning experience

Current Employee - Technology Specialist in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Technology Specialist in Pune (India)

I have been working at ANSYS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-opportunity to work with the best in the industry
    -salary is at par with the industry, could be better
    -Flexible timing.. at the end of the day the work got to be done
    -No one is sitting on your head monitoring what you are doing every hour

Cons

-Stagnation after few years
    -Lack of leadership at senior level in few groups

There are newer employer reviews for ANSYS