ANSYS

www.ansys.com
  www.ansys.com
There are newer employer reviews for ANSYS

It was good both under professional and the work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

I worked at ANSYS

Pros

Better employee relations, good managers to help you in Professional growth and good feedback. Better flexibility with timings and good work environment

Cons

Salary may be low according to market. Growth can be slow in your career. Work is not much in latest technologies

Make changes to the pay structure and implement cutting technologies into the projects so that employees can have better scope

72 Other Employee Reviews for ANSYS (View Most Recent)

Run - unless you aspire to be mediocre and love the status quo

Former Employee - Sales in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at ANSYS

Pros

- Good benefits
    - Strong business model

Cons

- No customer focus
    - Senior management focus is ONLY Profits - increase top line or cut costs until bottom line improves.
    - No interest in innovation at all except for lip service.

Time to stop buying companies at 8X revenues and come up with some "real" in-house innovation at a much lower cost - and I don't mean e-notebook!

Do not work for ANSYS!

Former Employee - Support/Services Employee in Lebanon, NH
    Former Employee - Support/Services Employee in Lebanon, NH

I worked at ANSYS

Pros

The atmosphere is generally casual and professional in the NH office. The vast majority of employees in the NH office are very cordial and professional. Work environment was very pleasant, and I was very satisfied with the hands-off management style of most managers.

Cons

Your job will not be at all secure in the current climate. Executives seem very two-faced and only look out for themselves. I am not the only one who feels wrongly terminated and has lost much respect for those in upper management during the most recent layoff. No reasons were given for termination; only that it was not merit-based. Did they just draw names from a hat? They even fired a janitor!

The executives claim that there were budgetary reasons for the RIF, but the SEC website reports bonuses on the order of 80-100% for executives. Jim Cashman's bonus was over 100% (just above $500k). How does he sleep at night?

Keep the well-qualified people you have. During tough times, be more scrutinous of those who do not produce results instead of slapping in the face those who do. I had a deep passion for what I did for ANSYS and felt very offended after the layoff process. Offer a pay cut (I said I would take one but was denied). Be respectful and give those you cut the information and reasons for termination that they deserve. Don't just abruptly turn your back. Executives should either defer their bonus compensation or reduce it altogether. Lead by example and allow yourself the 15% that you give everyone else.

There are newer employer reviews for ANSYS