AOL
aol-careers.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

filled with learning

Content Writer (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at AOL

ProsIt gives one an added advantage of improving writing skills with a stipend . thus it keeps you from being broke :)

ConsAfter some time it becomes very difficult to catch up with the trends in writing, One must relentlessly strive to improve writing skills thereafter.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management must start sending regular mails to students which inform them about different styles of writing and many other things related to the same so that they can improve.

5 years up, then 5 years down

I have been working at AOL

Pros: It got big, really big Cons: It shrunk, then crashed, then burned Advice to Senior Management: give it up More

Good salary but no career progression for talented employee

Associate Manager (Former Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I worked at AOL full-time for more than a year

Pros: Salary was good (as per industry standards) Work life balance - no one asked me to do overtime (for example) Nice office & infrastructure -… Cons: You have to be a politician to get a promotions (talent does not matter much) and licking your boss's ass definitely help. Stupid Managers - and… Advice to Senior Management: Advice to Management? - who listens at AOL? ha ha No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on AOL.

Worked for AOL? Contribute to the Community!

AOL – Why Work for Us?

AOL consumers were shopping, chatting, getting news and information and playing multi-user games online at the dawn of the internet. We were the cornerstone of social media long before anyone knew what a social network… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AOL reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AOL CEO Tim Armstrong. All reviews posted anonymously by AOL employees.