AOL

corp.aol.com

Great place to work

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) Dulles, VA

ProsCulture: Things have really started to turn around over the last few years with Tim Armstrong. People really seem to work well together and while we still have our challenges ahead, I really feel a culture of winning in the air.
Comp: Compensation is fair and overall better than most companies in the industry/area.
Flexibility: For the most part, we are empowered to do our job where and how we do it best to get the job done.
Transparency: Our leaders have done an admirable job of keeping the masses informed about the state of the business, the current initiatives and challenges without placating. They treat us like adults, imagine that!
Career Growth: The paths to growing your career are many. It's fairly self-directed, but very attainable.

ConsChange is the only constant. If you can't handle change, look somewhere else. You have to be able to thrive in an environment where you may work on something for months only to have it no longer be part of the strategy. If you can shrug it off and say "what's next", you'll love it, otherwise it can be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe deliberate in your hiring of senior executives and make sure they are culture-appropriate, not just the hot name in the industry. You've proven with some of the mis-hires that that way doesn't work.

Incredibly diverse workforce, a pleasure to work for

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Sterling, VA

I worked at AOL full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: competitive salaries and growth opportunities Cons: new CEO rigidly requires college degree Advice to Senior Management: Be more flexible! This used to be a fabulous company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Big Improvement

Director (Current Employee) Dulles, VA

I have been working at AOL full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Culture has definitely improved - I've seen a positive change in how teams are collaborating Getting hired here has gotten harder - which was much needed.… Cons: Some employees don't handle the constant changes and shifts well. You have to be extremely adaptable… Advice to Senior Management: Get better at assessing exec talent coming in - especially culturally - you've made some mistakes. Stop worrying… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AOL.

Worked for AOL? Contribute to the Community!