There are newer employer reviews for AOL

manage product localisation

Current Employee - Product Manager
Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at AOL

Pros

flexible place to work in. management is tolerant...nice people. nice facilities. reasonable salary
good infrastructure. Leadership is good. Competence of people is reasonable

Cons

Pay is not on par with competition. Much below in some cases.
Promotion between US and International is not aligned. people with same # years of work experience in same job in US and International may end up having 2-3 level difference
as a result, motivation sucks

Advice to Management

Standardize promotion

reviews filtered by
  1. AOL

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

I have been working at AOL

Pros

AOL has a wide range of diverse employees and a very professional work environment. The benefits package is also great.

Cons

As with any large company, the struggle to keep employees informed is something that will always be a challenge but I commend the efforts made to remedy this.

Advice to Management

I am very pleased with the management that is in place. There is always room to grow and improve the company.

2. Leadership + Passion = Success.

Current Employee - Director in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Dulles, VA

I have been working at AOL

Pros

There is still a lot of passion at AOL within the work force. People truly want AOL to be successful again and I don't feel that people are there collecting a paycheck. Management just needs to lead and the troops are ready to follow. Tim may be that leader, he is doing all the right things so far.

Cons

It is a big, structured company and too many groups are too focussed on their projects and not what is best for AOL. Doesn't always feel like we are one company moving in the same direction. This is not unusual for large companies, but it is worse here.

Advice to Management

They have already done it...bring in some leadership that has some passion and a clue as to what we should be doing. Invest in the future and stop worrying about making money right now.

There are newer employer reviews for AOL