There are newer employer reviews for AOL

No support for advancing your career at AOL

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AOL

Pros

Smart minds around and good accounts to work with.

Cons

Dysfunctional leadership. Managers don't make decisive decisions across functional groups. All they do is reshuffle orgs.

Challenge your subordinates and let them grow outside your position

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall a mixed bag

I worked at AOL

Pros

Progressive work environment, impressive campus amenities, flexible and reasonable work schedules, challenging and interesting work. Smart, talented, and competent coworkers.

Cons

Constant leadership, strategic, and organizational changes create a chaotic work environment at times. Unstable career path. Morale issues resulting from frequent layoffs.

Eliminate incompetent leaders. Set direction and provide adequate time to deliver results. Obtain employee and customer feedback and implement suggestions.

2. Good pay, but a sinking ship.

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Dulles, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Dulles, VA

I worked at AOL

Pros

The pay was good and it definitely helped me land a much higher paying job after I was systematically laid off with 800 other folks after only being there less than 2 years. I even got a nice severance pkg, including a healthcare option.

AOL is really into systems/signing off on stuff and such. I learned the basics of program management and content formulation. It really helped having the company on my resume.

Cons

Gettining noticed is really hard if you aren't into office politics. Also, if your boss sucks, you suck. So, hope you have a good boss or your division/dept/etc will be axed.

Innovate instead of replicating. Focus on creating something different. Worry about monetizing it after it has traction. Stop playing the shell game with upper execs.

There are newer employer reviews for AOL