AOL

corp.aol.com

A family friendly company that is a perfect balance for my lifestage at this moment."

Director (Current Employee) Beverly Hills, CA

ProsFamily friendly, general pervasiveness of work-life balance attitude, collaborative & optimistic culture (within the Beverly Hills office), dog friendly (within the Beverly Hills office), VP level executives appear approachable and collaborative, awesome original/premium written & video content for a digital/tech company, pioneer of programmatic revolution.

ConsBrands (aka, Huffington Post, Patch) work very separately from corporate AOL including with product management/business operations/most important decisions, sellers rely on specialists too much which makes every sale very expensive and keeps sellers' knowledge relatively poor of company's products, consumer experiences are not reaching scale successfully, mobile consumer experiences are not invested in enough, decision making is vague and ambiguous, direction of AOL corporate is not clear, horrible external corporate branding is not getting fixed so consumer perception of AOL brand is still poor, politics with industry personality corporate leaders, talent/skill varies widely (not an exceptional standard throughout the company)

Advice to Senior ManagementI get the big bets on programmatic. But we also need to make some bets on consumer experience with some refreshed talent on a corporate level (bigger level than just within a brand). Maybe some acquisitions in our near future? Also, product need some time to breathe and cultivate with resources dedicated to them if they were allowed to initiate. We'll never create anything good if we don't allow it to grow.

Great work-at-home option

Blogger (Former Employee)

I worked at AOL as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: flexible work schedule and hours Cons: frequent change in direction and management More

Fantastic experience with a group that was essentially a startup within AOL.

Manager (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

I worked at AOL full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Dedicated and competent team. Close knit environment. Cons: Poor strategic planning from corporate within the space we were… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AOL.

Worked for AOL? Contribute to the Community!