Lots of great opportunities

Current Employee - Director in Dulles, VA
Current Employee - Director in Dulles, VA

I have been working at AOL full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Smart people to work with, lots of interesting work. The industry is always changing so the environment is full of risk and opportunity. The company rewards great work.

Cons

Lots of ups and downs. It could be easy to get caught up in a layoff if you find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Advice to Management

Communicate more about acquisitions and support their effective integration via PMO. ALL the fat is gone from our current headcount. Now is the time to invest in people to accomplish our ambitious goals.

Other Employee Reviews for AOL

1. Great culture, great people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at AOL full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I met and learned a lot from a ton of fantastic and intelligent people who I am now good friends with on a personal level. The culture and perks are great - I laughed every day.

Cons

Often grueling hours, poor communication between offices and teams, lack of focus and strategy

Advice to Management

I am grateful for the knowledge I gained from my time at AOL, however there was always a lack of focus and strategy, exceptionally poor communication between teams and from executives to the "doers" which resulted in limited to no work/life balance for many employees.

2. The best internship I have ever had, a great company that cares about their employees work and life balance.

Former Intern - AOL On Marketing Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Intern - AOL On Marketing Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AOL as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Free snack, massages, a whole snack break room, can come in as late as you want as long as you get your work done. Everyone that's there loves working there, one of the friendliest offices I've ever been in

Cons

The only con is that sometimes during the busy times of the year I wouldn't get as much work. And the only other con is that they didn't hire me once my internship was up.