AOL

corp.aol.com

Great environment for self starters

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a great place for growing and championing new ideas. The teams I worked on were highly collaborative, and the people I worked with were brilliant.

ConsToo many of the legacy employees (those there pre-2000), were entrenched in old-school thinking and were more interested in playing politics in-order to "avoid rocking the boat."

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're current strategy will work in the short-term, but your reliance on display advertising will ultimately be your undoing.

Definitely has sound parts of the company, but still feels like it is just trying to stay afloat

I have been working at AOL full-time

Pros: The company benefits, the flexible hours, and the opportunity to work remotely are definitely perks. Plus, there are some sharp and… Cons: The politics from the senior leadership severely affect projects and product strategies, sometimes without any sound reason. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Don't do it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AOL

Pros: It may be bought out by Yahoo! Free snacks and… Cons: Unhappy workers, old strategies, understaffed. Very poor social program. They give up on new ideas far too easily. I was there less than half of… Advice to Senior Management: Decide on something and stick with it. Be clearer on goals and when launching something, go big externally versus promoting in-house.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AOL.

Worked for AOL? Contribute to the Community!