APAC Customer Services

www.apaccustomerservices.com
  www.apaccustomerservices.com
There are newer employer reviews for APAC Customer Services

Great start for employment.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative - APAC in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative - APAC in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work only one day out the weekend.

Cons

Not organized and lack of communication.

Accurate information and communication.

214 Other Employee Reviews for APAC Customer Services (View Most Recent)

By far the worst work environment I have ever experienced.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only good part about working for this company was that the schedules were fairly flexible although that usually came in the form of unpaid time off.

Cons

Let me start off by saying unless you're totally desperate, like you're going to die of starvation unless you find a job soon desperate, do yourself a huge favor and avoid this company. There are so many cons to the site that I worked at for this company that I can't even begin to list them all. The first thing you have to understand about this place is that their business model is 100% built to exploit their workers and give it to a select few in management and the corporate offices. There's a reason if you look at their site locations that all their sites are located in low-income areas, it's so they can pay as little as possible to their employees while generating huge returns from their clients. My co-workers all acted like they were in elementary school, shouting and laughing all day, in a call center where people are supposed to be helping customers on the phone no-less. They never did any work while the couple people that actually cared to work had to do everything. Management was even worse than my co-workers. They told us constantly how great of a job we were doing and it was our hard work that really turned the site around etc. Then in the next sentence basically tell us things like how we're too greedy and expecting them to pay us too much and take away our tiny hourly bonuses that we got. Our site director easily made into the 6-figure range per year and arrogantly told us one day how he doesn't do half the work he's supposed to do! Then has the nerve to tell us we expect too much when we were making wages that even at full time put most people right on the poverty line if not below it. Basically my point is you'll get no respect from anyone if you're the kind of person that actually goes to work expecting to work. Your co-workers will dump all their work on you while they screw around, then management will criticize you, one of the few people doing what they're supposed to, for expecting your hard work to allow you to live even slightly above poverty levels.

Even if you share advice with this companies management they won't listen.

Some good experiences, some bad

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Green Bay, WI

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Enjoyed most of the people I worked with. Most of the supervisors were very understanding and fair in applying the company policies, without playing favorites.

Cons

Constantly changing expectations of what counts towards a good rating on your call quality. Along with pressure from higher levels to meet certain goal numbers, making things even more difficult to keep all the call center reps up to date with the most recent changes. Lots of turn over in employees, with very little opportunity to grow beyond your fixed role as a phone representative.

Employees are not replaceable cogs in a machine. When you keep increasing the pressure on them, you wind up in the same kind of downward spiral. The poorer performing ones get failed out. The better performing ones burn out and leave. And you end up with a mediocre level staff which ultimately leads to clients not being satisfied with the work being done on their behalf.

There are newer employer reviews for APAC Customer Services