APC By Schneider Electric

www.apc.com
  www.apc.com
There are newer employer reviews for APC By Schneider Electric

Former employee respectfully and thoughtfully offers review

Former Employee - Sales
Former Employee - Sales

I worked at APC By Schneider Electric full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, good products, good benefits, mobility, excellent overall training structure, Good vision to future trends, cutting edge technology, good marketing.

Cons

Has lost the personal touch and humanity of it's days prior to - SE - purchase. - SE- is a good company too and did a good job integrating APC yet, it seemed a "colder" place to work. Worse, several current and past associates have said there is an ( of course) unstated prejudice toward mature employees in front line positions. Current end users and partners advise that APC is "giving away" large areas of business. - This is good business sense when a sector is unprofitable however, in this sense, the individuals mean that there is too much churn and customers become frustrated by the confusion and lack of attention. One former employee ( who I always thought to have a negative attitude) said very unflattering things about APC management. This insulted me at the time as I was very loyal to APC and wanted to be distanced from negativity. I still would not like to admit that I worked for and was loyal to a company which advocates contribution to the global family yet, has cold and calculating management methods; but that person's statement keeps surfacing in my thoughts. There is no perfect employee or employer. APC can be a good place for you if you are considering.

Churn has been a customer complaint for quite a few years. Slow the attention to growth. Foster continuity for customers sake.

85 Other Employee Reviews for APC By Schneider Electric (View Most Recent)

Java Developer Intern

Former Employee - Java Developer Intern in North Billerica, MA
    Former Employee - Java Developer Intern in North Billerica, MA

I worked at APC By Schneider Electric as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing team members. You get exposed to a lot of work responsibilities since you are one of the few IT resources.

Cons

No SDLC followed. Need a proper IT team structure. The company not being an IT engineering company, doesn't have a proper team structure in place.

Need an IT Manager in some teams

Good company, good people. Some chages since the acquisition by Scneider, but that's to be expected.

Former Employee - Technical Writer in North Billerica, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in North Billerica, MA

I worked at APC By Schneider Electric full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance, family-oriented, good culture. Good mid-size company with some room to grow and move around. You get the benefits of a large company, but the individual sites feel like a small company.

Cons

Being acquired by Schneider Electric has undoubtedly changed some aspects of the company. Legacy products don't have a lot of room for innovation and change.

There are newer employer reviews for APC By Schneider Electric