Former employee respectfully and thoughtfully offers review

Former Employee - Sales
Former Employee - Sales

I worked at APC By Schneider Electric full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people, good products, good benefits, mobility, excellent overall training structure, Good vision to future trends, cutting edge technology, good marketing.

Cons

Has lost the personal touch and humanity of it's days prior to - SE - purchase. - SE- is a good company too and did a good job integrating APC yet, it seemed a "colder" place to work. Worse, several current and past associates have said there is an ( of course) unstated prejudice toward mature employees in front line positions. Current end users and partners advise that APC is "giving away" large areas of business. - This is good business sense when a sector is unprofitable however, in this sense, the individuals mean that there is too much churn and customers become frustrated by the confusion and lack of attention. One former employee ( who I always thought to have a negative attitude) said very unflattering things about APC management. This insulted me at the time as I was very loyal to APC and wanted to be distanced from negativity. I still would not like to admit that I worked for and was loyal to a company which advocates contribution to the global family yet, has cold and calculating management methods; but that person's statement keeps surfacing in my thoughts. There is no perfect employee or employer. APC can be a good place for you if you are considering.

Churn has been a customer complaint for quite a few years. Slow the attention to growth. Foster continuity for customers sake.

Other Reviews for APC By Schneider Electric

Java Developer Intern

Former Employee - Java Developer Intern  in  North Billerica, MA
    Former Employee - Java Developer Intern in North Billerica, MA

I worked at APC By Schneider Electric as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Amazing team members. You get exposed to a lot of work responsibilities since you are one of the few IT resources.

Cons

No SDLC followed. Need a proper IT team structure. The company not being an IT engineering company, doesn't have a proper team structure in place.

Need an IT Manager in some teams

Entry level sales position which is really just a call center.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  North Kingstown, RI
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in North Kingstown, RI

I have been working at APC By Schneider Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good team atmosphere. Tuition reimbursement available.

Cons

Bonuses are very small and rarely get paid out. All actions are timed and monitored.

Spend a little more for team outings and activities.

There are newer employer reviews for APC By Schneider Electric.

Worked for APC By Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!