APCO Worldwide

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Project Assistant in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Project Assistant in Washington, DC

I have been working at APCO Worldwide

Pros

The people are fantastic, and it's such a positive environment. From the time I've spent at the company so far, I can tell it's going to be a place where I can work with a great time but still be independent and pursue my own interests. The opportunities they offer, such as training programs and work-abroad programs, are exciting things I hope to pursue.

Cons

They don't offer full tuition reimbursement, only partial. Other than that, I can't really think of any downsides I've noticed since working at APCO!

61 Other Employee Reviews for APCO Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Worthwhile.

Former Employee - Corporate Social Responsibility Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Corporate Social Responsibility Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at APCO Worldwide

Pros

-Talented people. Everyone from former senators and high level diplomats to campaign consultants. Interns have the chance to get to know all different people on the staff IF they make the effort. The environment is very straight forward. No hidden surprises about the place that will jump out once you start.

Cons

-The office environment is really bland and boring. Not a lot of joking around and comradery between the staff as I've seen at other firms.
    -Although interns get to work on really important and interesting assignments, a lot of their time is spent on things like media monitor and other not so spectacular tasks.

Not too much to complain about overall. Perhaps have more events for employees to get to know one another better.

Great place to build an awesome resume, great colleagues, fascinating work.

Current Employee - Vice President in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Vice President in Washington, DC

I have been working at APCO Worldwide

Pros

Pizza and beer every Thursday! Okay, maybe that's not the top reason. But it's cool to have that.

APCO is the kind of place where you don't hear the word "no" very often. If you have an idea, you just need to raise your hand, share it, explain the rationale, and typically, you get to run with it. Regardless of the level you're at, you have the opportunity to speak up and take charge. And that's why it's such a resume builder. You get to do a LOT at a young age, and really grow in a expedient way.

The people at APCO are also fantastic - and in fact, I get separation anxiety thinking about working elsewhere. I have been offered opportunities at direct competitors, and in one case, for 50% more in pay - largely because they were desperate to hire and would do anything - but even that isn't enough to drive me away from APCO. The people are top notch and you won't find a culture like APCO anywhere else in DC.

Cons

APCO is a funny size where it's not small but it's not necessarily large. There's a fine balance we walk between being entrepreneurial and start-up in nature, and having to develop/establish policies and procedures... so there can be ambiguity at times combined with management being too hands off sometimes... but it's better than the bureaucracy you see in many other institutions in DC!

Whatever we can do to preserve the culture, let's do it. It's too great of a place to let the culture change with time. Let's focus on little things that continue to make the culture what it is.

There are newer employer reviews for APCO Worldwide