APCO Worldwide

www.apcoworldwide.com

You're not THAT important but a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat location, right on top of Macy's and a quick walk to Gallery Place Chinatown. I.T. department and it's director are on point as far as keeping up with the latest gadgets and trends and trying to integrate them into the staff. Had a pizza and beer happy hour every thursday, monthly meetings where employees were recognized for stellar performance and summer roof top gatherings.

Fast paced environment, keeps you on your toes and great benefits.

ConsHanded out and fostered too many gaudy titles to people and allowed the culture to suffer based on an individual's undeserved VP or Senior title. Everything is not due yesterday, learn to be patient and create a better result. Remember your VP title only carries the little bit of respect you think you deserve within the walls at APCO, no one cares about you being a VP when you're at Macy's or at the hot dog cart outside. Learn to speak to your fellow employees when they pass you in the hall, not even a brain surgeon is that busy to never have time for an adult to properly acknowledge someone speaking to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication and change the culture to do away with the fake stigma that comes along with your too soon to be a VP or Senior type promotions and title changes.

Fast-paced, challenging and rewarding

APCO Online (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at APCO Worldwide as an intern for less than a year

Pros: - Excellent client roster - Opportunity to work on amazing projects - Fast-paced, constantly challenging and rewarding - The Internship program is one of the best - well-structured… Cons: - Long hours may be required - The fast pace obviously… Advice to Senior Management: Two thumbs up. Keep growing the internship program, it's a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good structure and training, could use more feedback

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at APCO Worldwide as an intern for less than a year

Pros: I interned at APCO for two months during the summer. Overall, I thought the intern program was structured fairly well. There are three individuals who… Cons: Most interns didn't get to see where the work ended up - no meetings with clients, etc. There was also very little feedback - my… More
There are newer reviews on APCO Worldwide.

Worked for APCO Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!