APCO Worldwide

Great Internship

Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at APCO Worldwide

Pros

No grunt work. This was a very hands-on internship where I learned a lot. There is a real team oriented atmosphere there. No one treated me like just an intern. I actually felt like a full time employee.

Cons

There is an intern pitch competition at the end of each semester. It requires a ton of work, and in the end you don't get anything out of it.

Do not make online interns compete in the pitch competition. Their time could be better spent learning development or design.

56 Other Employee Reviews for APCO Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Great student internship!

Current Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA

I have been working at APCO Worldwide

Pros

Great opportunities for lower level employees or interns to contribute and get involved in a wide variety of tasks. Fun and welcoming environment employees. Interns get higher hourly wage compared to others available in the area (ie min. wage or unpaid internships...). Great downtown location--close to bus line and tunnel.

Cons

Entry-level salary can start off low compared to other consulting firms.

Keep it up!

Insights Opinion research

Current Employee - Intern in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

I have been working at APCO Worldwide

Pros

Great organization with the company. Very structured intern program. Numerous opportunities for interns to integrate within the company and to learn but requires taking the initiative to do so.

Cons

Boring and repetitive work. Does not require much skill or mental thought. It is important to understand that the work differs between project groups and this may not be applicable to all intern positions.

At least try to understand that we, interns, are curious and intelligent beings. We would like to know what the work we're doing is for and how we are contributing, especially because the work is tedious and boring.

There are newer employer reviews for APCO Worldwide