There are newer employer reviews for APMEX

APMEX is a great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at APMEX full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for APMEX for a few years and it has been amazing. The owner definitely cares about every employee and provides opportunities to be successful. Work at APMEX is always challenging and exciting but no employee is left to fail in the team oriented atmosphere. I cannot say enough about the opportunities and experience APMEX has provided myself and my family.

Cons

This is a hard industry and not for everybody. Financial markets run our business and some personalities are not prepared for an ever evolving entrepreneurial company.

Continue to support trusted employees and APMEX will continue to be successful for years to come.

22 Other Employee Reviews for APMEX (View Most Recent)

promising but frustrating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at APMEX full-time

Pros

great work environment with co-workers, apparent room for advancement, great industry for the current economy, fast growing.

Cons

too segmented between departments, and seem to waste a considerable sum of money in New York with out really adding much value.

Ask advice and listen to what the people on the front lines are telling you. A lot could be solved is you just executed (key part) the 100 little things that everyone knows need to be fixed. Focus on this more than expansion. Also, identify key talent in your workforce and put them in positions that challenge them and utilize their skills better.

Classified

Current Employee - Purchasing Agent in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Purchasing Agent in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at APMEX

Pros

They are an up and coming company with fast growth and lots of potential.

Cons

The owner micromanages the company as if it is still a 20 man operation. The policies are basic and not written down, so they change often, as every department has a different view of said policies. In most cases, there is a total lack of policy. Some managers are tyranical and like to threaten employee positions. The benefits and pay are typically behind the average curve. Vacation starts 6 months after becoming a direct hire, and insurance coverage starts 3-4 months after being hired (typically 3 or more months after being a contractor)

Establish policies, make them known and accessible to everyone. Increase benefits to compete or exceed other companies that have millions - billions in sales. Send your managers to leadership courses.

There are newer employer reviews for APMEX