Experience not worth the sacrifices

I have been working at APP Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Health benefits are pretty good, although they did raise the employee contribution 50% for this fiscal year (from $54/pay period to $80/pay period).

Cons

Limited, if any professional advancement: Although the company touts growth, from what I've seen, much of the newer management positions were handed to foreigners who originated from the parent company (large German firm). Be aware that HR and managers will paint a pretty picture in terms of career growth...this is certainly an example of "too good to be true."

Lack of communication between departments and even colleagues: Never in my practice experience have I witnessed antisocial behavior between colleagues and divisions. Departments are mistakenly omitted from various meetings and/or never receive crucial information until after the fact. This trickles down even to the individual level, where colleagues (albeit not all) have adopted this cold and antisocial behavior.

Unfair practices: "Good" employees are rewarded with more work. Certain employees have adopted dismal work ethics here; they frequently arrive 30-60 minutes late, take excessively long lunch breaks, leave promptly at 5pm, etc. Because of this, hard working employees are forced to take on the extra workload. Rather than being appreciated for their efforts, management "rewards" with more work.

-Stop encouraging bad work ethics, learn to balance the workload FAIRLY
-Learn to listen to your employees and treat them with respect

If it weren't for our hard work and vigilance, your 2010 goals would not have been met.

Other Reviews for APP Pharmaceuticals

Very good people who have their hearts in the right place.

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at APP Pharmaceuticals as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Professional approach and attitudes.
    Quality and safety are part of everything they do.
    The compliance team is top notch.

Cons

The IT Support staff stretched thin.

Provide additional resources or reduce work load

Living at Work.

I have been working at APP Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are excellent opportunities to move forward...if you know the right people. They try to give some incentives mainly for the production section. This is a 24 facility so your hours can be flexible. Overtime is always available for those who need the extra money.

Cons

Upper management needs serious people skills. The management that I have previously worked under try to degrade people and make them feel inferior. Some people need their jobs and have to put up with the abuse. I am finally under different management that actually acts like they care. If one does not like you they will hold you back.

Take some interaction classes to learn how to treat their people under them.

There are newer employer reviews for APP Pharmaceuticals.

Worked for APP Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!