APX Alarm
apxalarm.com Provo, UT 5000+ Employees

APX is a good place to work with good people while going through school

Phone Representative (Current Employee)
Provo, UT

I have been working at APX Alarm

ProsAPX has been a good job while going through school. They have been very flexible in giving time off and working with my school schedule. Management has been good and seem to be concerned about my needs. I have also made many friends while I have worked there. It is a good place to meet other students.

ConsOne of the downsides to APX is that they are sales oriented company. This can be good and bad. Their employment is good because they have a strong sales force. The downside is that it is more difficult to get recognized if you are not in sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should try to do a better job of compensating all employees more evenly.

Door to door sales with a modern kick

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Halifax, NS (Canada)

I worked at APX Alarm as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great training Great colleagues Hands on experience Sales Skills Development Sales Pitch Practice (hundreds… Cons: Long hours Rejection Weather (depends where you are) Learning Curve Face to Face Intimidation Not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good pay for a summer job as a student.

Customer Support Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at APX Alarm

Pros: Depending on the department, Customer service department was more lenient when it came to being a couple minutes late, working overtime, and you got to… Cons: Data entry department was ridiculously strict and you don't get to know anyone. You're 5 seconds (literally) late and you get written up for it.… Advice to Senior Management: Equalize the departments a little more, and don't be so strict. Looking at break times will help alleviate write-ups and concerns. If an employee is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on APX Alarm.

Worked for APX Alarm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at APX Alarm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for APX Alarm CEO Todd Pedersen. All reviews posted anonymously by APX Alarm employees.