Good Money -- Quick Burn out

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Provo, UT
Former Employee - Sales Manager in Provo, UT

I worked at APX Alarm

Pros

Great Money. You can learn some great sales and people skills. APX good stable company, especially in the 'summer sales industry'. Uncapped earning potential,

Cons

Knocking doors all summer is not fun. Very monotonous workload. APX will nickel and dime you every way they can to avoid paying out full. APX can get political. Even if you are a stud salesmen, you will get taken advantage of if you don't have someone up high battling for you.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the politics, transform into a true meritocratic company. Give more power to the managers and less to the regionals. Be more frugal at corporate so you don't have to lower pay scales to cover your margins.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. good if you can adapt

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Provo, UT

I have been working at APX Alarm

Pros

good compensation housing provided pod casts

Cons

no 'special deals' Contract issues and point bank issues still being resolved, cleaning fee assigned even though my apt was spotless at the end of year no sign on bonus? what the heck

Advice to Management

let sales reps that cant work over the summer work out special payscales/deals with you so they can sell during school

2. APX is a good place to work with good people while going through school

Current Employee - Phone Representative in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Phone Representative in Provo, UT

I have been working at APX Alarm

Pros

APX has been a good job while going through school. They have been very flexible in giving time off and working with my school schedule. Management has been good and seem to be concerned about my needs. I have also made many friends while I have worked there. It is a good place to meet other students.

Cons

One of the downsides to APX is that they are sales oriented company. This can be good and bad. Their employment is good because they have a strong sales force. The downside is that it is more difficult to get recognized if you are not in sales.

Advice to Management

Management should try to do a better job of compensating all employees more evenly.