Another happy worker.

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Downers Grove, IL
Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

ARAMARK is a company that invests in it's people. Their career management process is excellent and opportunities exist and are afforded to individuals who show high potential. Additionally, employee development is a main focus throughout the year. Employees are discussed with senior management on a quarterly basis through a succession planning process. Additionally, it is a company that definitely values work/life balance. They afford the opportunity to work at home when necessary. They understand familial obligations supercede late night meetings or events. My overall experience has been spectacular in the two years in which I've worked there. Just recently my region was eliminated. The higher management thought enough of my performance that they created a position for me for the upcoming year until another postion could be found.

Cons

Large company. Some downsizing decisions that have recently been made have been understood but unfortunate.

Advice to Management

I think the senior management is excellent.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A company providing professional opportunities for motivated individuals

Current Employee - Assistant Concessions Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Concessions Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

ARAMARK is a great company for introducing new ideas in the industry to see if they will work or not. Its like introducing a new product to a test market and if it succeeds it will most likely be used by other location throughout ARAMARK. Its a great place for young professionals get their career started and build their resume with the different opportunities to advance and travel to other locations. If you love to travel within the USA or even internationally ths is the company for you. ARAMARK also provides great networking opportunities and encourages your professional growth.

Cons

The different lines of business and different locations all have different working hours. Some are not as time involved as others, but those that are prove to be a challenge for work and personal life balance. Most senior management recognizes this and struggles with the same issue so there are some more willing to work with you compared to others. There are restrictions with what you are able to do in certain situations because in most cases ARAMARK is an outsourced company that has to get approval from their client which at times can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

I would tell them the opportunities we have been given to fill out surveys and provide feed back have given the lower management a chance to give input. Also the new intiatives that have been put in place over the last year have seemed to answer the demands of the customers and clients using our services. I would like there to be a little more understanding for time off with different lines of business since more hours are required of certain managers compared to others.

Good Qualtiy of Life, Poor Advancement Opportuniies

Current Employee - Food Service Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Food Service Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

The quality of life as fas as hours are concrned make it a good life for families. Most of the time you have nights and weekends off. The pay is pretty good for the food service business considering the hours worked. Ever account is different and if you are willing to move around than you can expeience an array of different situations that keep work from geting boring. Aramark also has many different lines of business and it is fairly easy to move from one line of business to another if you are looking for a different opportuniy or neeed to relocate.

Cons

If you are in an average size account, you are the only manager and therfore rsponsible for everything with little assistance from anyone else in the company. It often becomes difficult to take vacation because noone can cover your account for you. The paperwork is abundant and overbearing. Aramark only really care if you ar completeing your paperwork and rarely check your account to make sure you are following the standards of the company. In the last few years the focus of upper management has drifted away from whats important (quality food and customer service) and put more ehphasis on corporate standards. This means an excessive amount of checklists and paperwork that mak the manager much less effective in running the business proprly. It has stopped being fun and turned into a grind. Good people are leaving the company at a rapid rate and upper management does not seem to care as long as the checklists contnue to get completed.

Advice to Management

Promote from within more often
    Better opportunity to bonus
    Less emphasis on paprwork and more emphasis on people and food