ARAMARK
www.aramark.com Philadelphia, PA 5000+ Employees

Good Place to work

Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK

ProsThere is flexibility in location and divisions of the company. There is a large network to exchange information and ideas which is helpful. They have an expert for everything or they have consulted with an expert and the information is typically available.

ConsIt's a large company easy to feel like a number depending on the position. The compensation could be better - staff hired directly by a client makes more that ARAMARK is willing to pay, most of the time. Some big wigs may have forgotten what it is like to work in the field and the expectation when they add additional tasks is unreasonable because time precious.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your employees that they are a great supporting cast. Show the employees that corporate listens to what they have to say and wants to work to make resolutions. Pay your employees competitively even if it affects the profit because the employees performance.

Overall good experience but short term decisions driven by need to hit numbers.

General Manager (Former Employee)
Durham, NC

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros: Good benefits and decent pay Cons: Large corporation that is completely numbers driven. More

Management means well but falls short

Architect In Healthcare (Current Employee)
Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros: Work Life balance is ideal: I've never seen a better place from that aspect Lower level management is always… Cons: Management listens but nothing ever seems to get done; a big show is made of Employee Satisfaction complete… Advice to Senior Management: Bring the compensation up to market standards and stop complaining about the National Healthcare Plan causing problems for Aramark. If you have the money to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on ARAMARK.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARAMARK reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss. All reviews posted anonymously by ARAMARK employees.