There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK

Overall a good experience, typical work frustration at times

Former Employee - Catering Manager in North Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Catering Manager in North Chicago, IL

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros

My Area Manager was a straight shooter about changes that would be happening within the company, especially during the economic downturn. He was very clear about changes in job responsibilities & when people needed to accomplish certain tasks. My Area mgr was respectful off my family demands and as long as I had coverage was ok with me being late or missing work if needed.

Cons

A lot of micromanagement. Lack of emphasis on quality and using the team members skills to be creative in menu design. Unfortunately losing accounts for various reasons so growth opportunities are dwindling.

Advice to Management

Just as I was told by my Area Mgr, use my resources to help me focus on other things they should do the same for menu design. Go to accounts, place a lifeguard chair in the middle of the cafeteria & watch customers. They are bored by a 3 week rotation. Don't take in house foodservice for granted.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Student employee, absolutely terrible.

Former Employee - Cook in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Cook in Southfield, MI

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros

Got to work with other students and network.

Cons

Terrible scheduling. No free food. Pay was dead on with min wage.

Advice to Management

More money.

2. People are no longer the most valued asset

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

The committed worforce who strive to do their best everyday making personal sacrifices for the success of the company. There is great passion for the work we do.

Cons

Leadership seems to have forgotten that the success of ARAMARK has always been and will be centered on the people and do not show an understanding of what goes on day to day. They seem to be positioning the company so they can cash out when we go public yet again.

Advice to Management

It's not the people who are broken, it is your systems which you have not invested in over the past 50 years. Leverage the commitment of the people who care about the company and are loyal to the success of the company.