There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK

Overall a good experience, typical work frustration at times

Former Employee - Catering Manager in North Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Catering Manager in North Chicago, IL

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros

My Area Manager was a straight shooter about changes that would be happening within the company, especially during the economic downturn. He was very clear about changes in job responsibilities & when people needed to accomplish certain tasks. My Area mgr was respectful off my family demands and as long as I had coverage was ok with me being late or missing work if needed.

Cons

A lot of micromanagement. Lack of emphasis on quality and using the team members skills to be creative in menu design. Unfortunately losing accounts for various reasons so growth opportunities are dwindling.

Just as I was told by my Area Mgr, use my resources to help me focus on other things they should do the same for menu design. Go to accounts, place a lifeguard chair in the middle of the cafeteria & watch customers. They are bored by a 3 week rotation. Don't take in house foodservice for granted.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Opportunities

Current Employee - Clinical Nutrition Manager in Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Clinical Nutrition Manager in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

They focus on growing their people. It was my first position, right out of school, and they gave me the skill set to ascend seamlessly into a Clinical Nutrition Management career. I miss ARAMARK!

Cons

Being salaried is never fun, but this is typical of a management position. This is not just a feature of ARAMARK.

I would have appreciated more networking opportunities with other accounts; this would promote sharing of best practices and building of an expanded sense of "one best team"

2. Student employee, absolutely terrible.

Former Employee - Cook in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Cook in Southfield, MI

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros

Got to work with other students and network.

Cons

Terrible scheduling. No free food. Pay was dead on with min wage.

More money.