ARAMARK
www.aramark.com Philadelphia, PA 5000+ Employees

Overall a good experience, typical work frustration at times

Catering Manager (Former Employee)
North Chicago, IL

ProsMy Area Manager was a straight shooter about changes that would be happening within the company, especially during the economic downturn. He was very clear about changes in job responsibilities & when people needed to accomplish certain tasks. My Area mgr was respectful off my family demands and as long as I had coverage was ok with me being late or missing work if needed.

ConsA lot of micromanagement. Lack of emphasis on quality and using the team members skills to be creative in menu design. Unfortunately losing accounts for various reasons so growth opportunities are dwindling.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust as I was told by my Area Mgr, use my resources to help me focus on other things they should do the same for menu design. Go to accounts, place a lifeguard chair in the middle of the cafeteria & watch customers. They are bored by a 3 week rotation. Don't take in house foodservice for granted.

Student employee, absolutely terrible.

Cook (Former Employee)
    Southfield, MI

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros: Got to work with other students and network. Cons: Terrible scheduling. No free food. Pay was dead… Advice to Senior Management: More money. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

People are no longer the most valued asset

Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros: The committed worforce who strive to do their best everyday making personal sacrifices for… Cons: Leadership seems to have forgotten that the success of ARAMARK has always been and will be centered on the people and do not show an… Advice to Senior Management: It's not the people who are broken, it is your systems which you have not invested in over the past 50… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ARAMARK.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARAMARK reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss. All reviews posted anonymously by ARAMARK employees.