Overall a good experience, typical work frustration at times

Former Employee - Catering Manager  in  North Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Catering Manager in North Chicago, IL

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros

My Area Manager was a straight shooter about changes that would be happening within the company, especially during the economic downturn. He was very clear about changes in job responsibilities & when people needed to accomplish certain tasks. My Area mgr was respectful off my family demands and as long as I had coverage was ok with me being late or missing work if needed.

Cons

A lot of micromanagement. Lack of emphasis on quality and using the team members skills to be creative in menu design. Unfortunately losing accounts for various reasons so growth opportunities are dwindling.

Just as I was told by my Area Mgr, use my resources to help me focus on other things they should do the same for menu design. Go to accounts, place a lifeguard chair in the middle of the cafeteria & watch customers. They are bored by a 3 week rotation. Don't take in house foodservice for granted.

Other Reviews for ARAMARK

Great Opportunities

Current Employee - Clinical Nutrition Manager  in  Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Clinical Nutrition Manager in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

They focus on growing their people. It was my first position, right out of school, and they gave me the skill set to ascend seamlessly into a Clinical Nutrition Management career. I miss ARAMARK!

Cons

Being salaried is never fun, but this is typical of a management position. This is not just a feature of ARAMARK.

I would have appreciated more networking opportunities with other accounts; this would promote sharing of best practices and building of an expanded sense of "one best team"

Unappreciated

Former Employee - Food Service Director  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Food Service Director in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros

Many opportunities to learn structured systems. The support at the component level was very good; although this may not be the case at other components. Because the company is so large the industry networking is fantastic. For those willing to go over and beyond their regular responsibilities there are numerous champion positions that get you involved in the regional leadership.

Cons

They are a contract service company - so if the contract is not renewed you can loose your job. Also, if at a fee based location the client can eliminate ARAMARK positions at will. ARAMARK does not offer alternative employment within the company when these situations arise.

Offer employment options to managers in good standing with the company that are released do to situations beyond their control.

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!