Could become a career.

Current Employee - Burista, Cashier, Caterer
Current Employee - Burista, Cashier, Caterer

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

Employees and management make it worth while. I am hoping more advancement opportunities will pop up in the very near future.

Cons

The clientele do not make it the easiest job in the market. And advancement opportunities sometimes seem just too far away for my satisfaction.

Advice to Management

I think better employee benefits might just lead to happier employees. Which will always leads to a more successful business.

reviews filtered by
  1. Falling very quickly and steadily.

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

Highly recognizable company. Much better place to work when I started 15 years ago. Relaxed, enjoyable working environment and knowledgeable, competent management and co workers.

Cons

Always adding to work loads, expecting more and more work to get done and then cutting back hours. More work, less time. Very little appreciation or respect shown to hourly employees. Too much management. Haven't had a review or a raise in almost two years.

Advice to Management

Don't over-manage. One manager for a small work place is enough. Respect your employees and appreciate all they do. Remember, they're the ones doing the work that "management" doesn't. Never treat them like just an hourly employee. Listen to their opinions and concerns. Employees have no one to turn to if they have concerns or problems with their managers. Management doesn't want to hear complaints or problems about other management. They have blinders on and will back each other up, right or wrong.

2. Distressing

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros

Excellent companyfrom a senior management perspective with good executive level management and tight financial controls. Very diverse from a multicultural point of view.

Cons

Micromanagement to the "n"th degree at the middle management level combined with a high degree of fear and hesitation in decision making which can paralyse operations.

Advice to Management

Please ease up on the paralysing decision making process at middle management level. Not everything has to be approved at VP level unless you have absolutely no confidence in your middle management.