ARAMARK

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK

ARAMARK as a whole

Current Employee - Marketing Graphic Design Intern in Clemson, SC
Current Employee - Marketing Graphic Design Intern in Clemson, SC

I have been working at ARAMARK as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

ARAMARK has a great community to work in. They have great benefits, hours, wages, and a good opportunity for advancement. I work as a Marketing Intern and it has prepared me so much for my future. There are wonderful training opportunities and a chance to receive bonus' as well. Job security is also a huge plus in the ARAMARK community.

Cons

If you are younger and work in a support staff position, you don't necessarily get the respect that you deserve. Sometimes it is hard to get credit where credit is due, so it's necessary to make sure people know what ideas were yours. If you work in operations as something like a location manager, you do get moved around a lot. In operations you have to work a little bit harder to advance, versus moving horizontal through the system.

It would be a great idea not to move location managers around so much. It is harder when your employees have to get used to a new manager ever 6 months to a year. It would be much more beneficial to have a location and make it your own.

777 Other Employee Reviews for ARAMARK (View Most Recent)

Just bad

Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Indiana, PA
    Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Indiana, PA

I worked at ARAMARK part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Employment for international students on campus, which is pretty limited. But to get the job itself is pretty hard because there are tons of people wanting to work, and it mostly depends on luck more than anything else,

Cons

Micromanaging, lots of yelling from the managers. I worked for 12 hours straight without any rest and my supervisors regularly yelled at me for no apparent reason.

Treat your workers well, and review your supervisors regularly

Its okay as something on the side, pretty flexible.

Current Employee - Stand Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Stand Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

The fact that I get to work on campus and my previous supervisor was very understanding so my hours were very flexible.

Cons

There are times when you can get around six hours of work a week and others where you can get around fifty. Hours are too inconsistent.

The supervisors are too inconsiderate of their employees and should at least look up some hours for them in other departments.

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK