There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK

Some Good Some Bad

Former Employee - Food Service Director  in  Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Food Service Director in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at ARAMARK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

ARAMARK paid well and came through with regular raises. They also had a fair Managment Evaluation system.

Cons

Once something goes wrong through no fault of the manager. It doesn't matter to upper managment. Rathe than back up their local manager, they fire them. The manager has no recourse to pled his case.

Investigate first. Be as loyal to your ground troops as you want them to be loyal to you. You will keep managers much longer that way.

657 Other Employee Reviews for ARAMARK (View Most Recent)

Concession Stand Worker

Former Employee - Concession Stand Worker  in  Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Concession Stand Worker in Hartford, CT

I worked at ARAMARK part-time for less than a year

Pros

I made really great tips. Fun job

Cons

Attempted not to pay me twice and acted like they paid me. I had to go through a few months of complaining to get me checks.

Stop ripping off employees who don't make too much

ARAMARK as a whole

Current Employee - Marketing Graphic Design Intern  in  Clemson, SC
    Current Employee - Marketing Graphic Design Intern in Clemson, SC

I have been working at ARAMARK as an intern for more than a year

Pros

ARAMARK has a great community to work in. They have great benefits, hours, wages, and a good opportunity for advancement. I work as a Marketing Intern and it has prepared me so much for my future. There are wonderful training opportunities and a chance to receive bonus' as well. Job security is also a huge plus in the ARAMARK community.

Cons

If you are younger and work in a support staff position, you don't necessarily get the respect that you deserve. Sometimes it is hard to get credit where credit is due, so it's necessary to make sure people know what ideas were yours. If you work in operations as something like a location manager, you do get moved around a lot. In operations you have to work a little bit harder to advance, versus moving horizontal through the system.

It would be a great idea not to move location managers around so much. It is harder when your employees have to get used to a new manager ever 6 months to a year. It would be much more beneficial to have a location and make it your own.

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!