12 years and still satisfied

Current Employee - FLM in Boston, MA
Current Employee - FLM in Boston, MA

Pros

The best reasons in my opinion are the simple fact that you are a part of a large family that is internationally recognized and respected, There are opporatunities within this organization that would be unobtainable elsewhere, They are fair and believe in promoting from within.

Cons

Each region is managed differently so you may be average in one demographic and a superstar in another for doing the same job. Employee recognition I feel needs to be looked at a little more, last year there was a focus group that toured the different regions, but I think many of us feel that nothing we said mattered because we aren't seeing any changes.

Advice to Management

Offer more corporate training, Also I understand with an employee count as high as we have it would be impossible to recognize and reward everyone, But I think if their was more personal incentives than employees would try that much harder to succeed and boost the reputation of ARAMARK

Other Employee Reviews for ARAMARK

1. Don't expect to be appreciated for your hard work.

Current Employee - Cashier, Customer Service in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier, Customer Service in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

The customers are great and appreciate any little thing you can do for them.

Cons

Hours were downsized but we were asked to work harder to make up for the loss

Advice to Management

Wake up and really look at your units. They are floundering

If you're a good employee who cares about your job, don't take a job at Aramark.

Former Employee - Supervisor in Port Angeles, WA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Port Angeles, WA

Pros

It's a source of income, if the only alternative is unemployment. Also, if you prefer a corporate culture of low standards, this would be a good fit for you. If complaints don't bother you, and you don't feel compelled to fix problems, this may be the company for you.

Cons

The resort was poorly managed. There were a lot of guest complaints about unclean rooms, quality and price of food, an unreliable reservation system, and unsafe pool and hot spring conditions. There weren't enough lifeguards on duty. The employee housing was unclean and loud. The food is not good. In general, the services are overpriced.

Advice to Management

I would recommend that they hire good employees and compensate them well. Also, pay attention to guest feedback.