Business Services

Former Employee - Fsd in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Fsd in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good company to work for and some nice people in upper management. Most of the operations management are good people.

Cons

Most district manager and VP's are out to cover their on butts and don't want to help with developing anyone. The problems with the Harrisburg Capital building was horrific and most of the bame went on tho the director of the facility. The district manager and the VP should have been canned because they knew and avoided the place as a headache. in all companies you have politics but in this division in that DM to VP level they suck and Aramark should clean house and start over. Also the HR dept is inept.

Advice to Management

Get a hold on growing the business and taking responsiblity for you and your underlings. Promote from within and start developing others around you.

Other Employee Reviews for ARAMARK

1. Moving in the right direction but not quite there yet.

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depends which department you work for - in my department the management is great. They want to connect with employees and a new goal for all executives is retaining and developing talent from within the company. Also trying to be forward thinking implementing new processes and new systems but it still seems like we are far behind the real world (some systems used are DOS based circa 1990s)

Cons

The benefits of working here don't match up with the pay level. I think employees are typically paid about 10k less than the market norm, with not great options for healthcare, and the 401k match ranges from 2%-4% depending on how the company's profitability has been in the year. The work hours are inflexible and although we have vacation days you'll usually still be checking email and doing some work while you're on holiday.

Advice to Management

Offer more flexibility in the work schedule (telecommuting or varying work hours), free up more room for pay raises (instead of cost of living adjustments and low pay raises with promotions), ensure that employees can have real and true vacations through adjusting for new technologies as well as new processes.

2. A very fulfilling experience with great co workers and support.

Former Intern - Environmental Sustainability Intern in Princeton, NJ
    Former Intern - Environmental Sustainability Intern in Princeton, NJ

I worked at ARAMARK as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

My supervisors were all great people and everyone I met from every other account or business division were generally spectacular people. They focus a lot on free career and personal development courses as well as volunteering.

Cons

The pay could have been slightly higher and since the company runs through different business units sometimes there can be difficulties in communications between these units.