There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK

Business Services

Former Employee - Fsd in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Fsd in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good company to work for and some nice people in upper management. Most of the operations management are good people.

Cons

Most district manager and VP's are out to cover their on butts and don't want to help with developing anyone. The problems with the Harrisburg Capital building was horrific and most of the bame went on tho the director of the facility. The district manager and the VP should have been canned because they knew and avoided the place as a headache. in all companies you have politics but in this division in that DM to VP level they suck and Aramark should clean house and start over. Also the HR dept is inept.

Get a hold on growing the business and taking responsiblity for you and your underlings. Promote from within and start developing others around you.

690 Other Employee Reviews for ARAMARK (View Most Recent)

Moving in the right direction but not quite there yet.

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Depends which department you work for - in my department the management is great. They want to connect with employees and a new goal for all executives is retaining and developing talent from within the company. Also trying to be forward thinking implementing new processes and new systems but it still seems like we are far behind the real world (some systems used are DOS based circa 1990s)

Cons

The benefits of working here don't match up with the pay level. I think employees are typically paid about 10k less than the market norm, with not great options for healthcare, and the 401k match ranges from 2%-4% depending on how the company's profitability has been in the year. The work hours are inflexible and although we have vacation days you'll usually still be checking email and doing some work while you're on holiday.

Offer more flexibility in the work schedule (telecommuting or varying work hours), free up more room for pay raises (instead of cost of living adjustments and low pay raises with promotions), ensure that employees can have real and true vacations through adjusting for new technologies as well as new processes.

Very good company to work for. Rewards hard work

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, pay is decent. Opportunity to move up the ladder, but you better be willing to work for it.

Cons

If you're in management, good luck in using your vacation days before they expire. We are in a "do less with more" work environment. However, this isn't just at Aramark, its everywhere.

Reduce the amount of paperwork we have to provide to Aramark, and start focusing our energy on the client.

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK