There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK

Very Satisfying

Current Employee - Intern  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ARAMARK as an intern for less than a year

Pros

As an intern I was highly involved and challenged. I was able to make an impact at my location that still is being used.

Cons

Some of the way things are done seem old fashioned. I feel a gap is there between the upcoming millennial generation.

Keep up the involvement of the interns. However, you could involve your full-time employees more often.

666 Other Employee Reviews for ARAMARK (View Most Recent)

Moving in the right direction but not quite there yet.

Current Employee - Staff Accountant  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Depends which department you work for - in my department the management is great. They want to connect with employees and a new goal for all executives is retaining and developing talent from within the company. Also trying to be forward thinking implementing new processes and new systems but it still seems like we are far behind the real world (some systems used are DOS based circa 1990s)

Cons

The benefits of working here don't match up with the pay level. I think employees are typically paid about 10k less than the market norm, with not great options for healthcare, and the 401k match ranges from 2%-4% depending on how the company's profitability has been in the year. The work hours are inflexible and although we have vacation days you'll usually still be checking email and doing some work while you're on holiday.

Offer more flexibility in the work schedule (telecommuting or varying work hours), free up more room for pay raises (instead of cost of living adjustments and low pay raises with promotions), ensure that employees can have real and true vacations through adjusting for new technologies as well as new processes.

Very good company to work for. Rewards hard work

Current Employee - Director  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, pay is decent. Opportunity to move up the ladder, but you better be willing to work for it.

Cons

If you're in management, good luck in using your vacation days before they expire. We are in a "do less with more" work environment. However, this isn't just at Aramark, its everywhere.

Reduce the amount of paperwork we have to provide to Aramark, and start focusing our energy on the client.

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!