ARAMARK
www.aramark.com Philadelphia, PA 5000+ Employees

What is wrong with this picture

Food Service Worker (Current Employee)
Millbrook, NY

ProsThe pay was good, but now I hear they are putting a cap on their pay scale and the benefits are good
I worked for a private school so we had a lot of down time

ConsIn the first 2 months after I was hired my worked schedule (times that I worked, days off) and my job title changed 7 times.
Because I worked for a private school when we had down time we had to apply for unemployment which was a hassle.
The componet that I worked at was very small and most of the kitchen appliances where very out dated and always breaking down.
When you go out on down time, you are laid off because of lack of work, which really messes with you insurence. When you are out for the summer you are offered Cobra which wants all the money up front to provide you with insurence all summer.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your supervisors know what they are doing before you bring them in. Allow workers to pay extra during the year if they know they will be out in the summer to cover the insurence. Offer outside training to all your workers not just managment so that they can advance in the company. Have written job descriptions, if you can do it for the components that are union you can do it for those that are not. Tell supervisors that they can not bring someone in give them a title (which in most cases means nothing) and then not let them do the job, that is deceptive hiring practices.

Started out great until they purchased Masterplan and inferior management.

Imaging Service Engineer (Former Employee)
    Richmond, VA

I worked at ARAMARK full-time for more than a year

Pros: Benefits not bad and pay medium; The manager that hired me and a co-worker… Cons: Top heavy; too many managers that have nothing better to do than invite negativity about the little guy, FSE, out of the customer. Stupid meetings… Advice to Senior Management: Get a life. Fire David Wickerscam! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Aramark at Allen in waterloo is terrible.

Housekeeping (Current Employee)
    Waterloo, IA

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time

Pros: Above average pay and benefits Cons: Horrible bosses, terrible morale, high turnover, not enough time to… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of Aramark. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ARAMARK.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARAMARK reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss. All reviews posted anonymously by ARAMARK employees.