There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK

What is wrong with this picture

Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Millbrook, NY
Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Millbrook, NY

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay was good, but now I hear they are putting a cap on their pay scale and the benefits are good
I worked for a private school so we had a lot of down time

Cons

In the first 2 months after I was hired my worked schedule (times that I worked, days off) and my job title changed 7 times.
Because I worked for a private school when we had down time we had to apply for unemployment which was a hassle.
The componet that I worked at was very small and most of the kitchen appliances where very out dated and always breaking down.
When you go out on down time, you are laid off because of lack of work, which really messes with you insurence. When you are out for the summer you are offered Cobra which wants all the money up front to provide you with insurence all summer.

Make sure your supervisors know what they are doing before you bring them in. Allow workers to pay extra during the year if they know they will be out in the summer to cover the insurence. Offer outside training to all your workers not just managment so that they can advance in the company. Have written job descriptions, if you can do it for the components that are union you can do it for those that are not. Tell supervisors that they can not bring someone in give them a title (which in most cases means nothing) and then not let them do the job, that is deceptive hiring practices.

690 Other Employee Reviews for ARAMARK (View Most Recent)

employee

Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at ARAMARK part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employees are dedicated and work hard.

Cons

Upper management does not care about the employees. They just let 2 of the best managers go instead of the managers that should not even be there. AND, they reward bad behavior instead of dedication.

Have some loyalty to those who are loyal to you.

Catering Department

Current Employee - Catering in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Catering in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company offers very good reliable schedule to employees and understands personal problems. It allows employees to have a meal from the food center

Cons

Not well paid for the work done in catering. Workers stress out and theres no immediate help.

More relation with workers