Steady food service job

Former Employee - Cook  in  Rochester, NY
Former Employee - Cook in Rochester, NY

I worked at ARAMARK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits uniforms shoe allowance
Can move from dishdog to cook quickly
Safety bonus-gift cards that U want and cash
Hours

Cons

$$$....of course....A fact of life in the food biz.
Need 4 year Paper to go anywhere beyond the oven.

This is a good place for collegegrads to start their field. My old manager did 5 YRS and now runs the northeast for a major food brand.

Other Reviews for ARAMARK

To structured with no room for creativity but unstructured with hiring

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Intern  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage Intern in Columbus, OH

I worked at ARAMARK as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good people to work with at the base level. Very standardized company that has many different areas you can get into.

Cons

To many hoops to jump through to do anything. Higher up managers who visited the property seemed uninterested in meeting anyone and were generally negative. Did not do a very good with ensuring all interns had what they needed to succeed and were doing meaningful things.

Have a better intern program where all the interns feel like they have a good experience. Listen to your employees they see the business every day. Listen to your customers they are who you are serving.

ROUTE SALES REPRESENTATIVE

Former Employee - Route Delivery Driver  in  Brentwood, NY
    Former Employee - Route Delivery Driver in Brentwood, NY

I worked at ARAMARK full-time for more than a year

Pros

JOB is ok when you are paid hourly, once you go over 40 hrs a week, you get time and a half, which is LAW of course. You can work 70 to 80 hour work weeks.

Cons

Once they put you on a route, it could be a $800 route tops. No more overtime, and let me tell you. You barely if not making any commission on these routes. You barely have time to run in and get everything, and to hear customers constantly complain they are not paying their bills, how are you supposed to sell? its not a sales job, but a dirty service job, period. and guess what, you are still working 70 to 80 hour weeks, but getting paid for 40, and making minimal to nothing on any sort of bonuse or commission....I am glad I took a desk job, and got out of Aramark....i make the same in 40 hours in one spot instead of traveling all over, fighting traffic, and working 70+ hours a week for nothing!!! Dont work here doing Route Deliveries, its a slave job, I am glad I got out!!!

Pay time and a half, like you should by law--working guys to the bone, near death, 70 to 80 hours a week, you think thats legal??????? Its not a sales job where you could make an extra $2000 a month, wake up ! Poorest management on the planet.....

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!